This project is read-only.

make invisble pages available for public visitors.

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Mar 24, 2007 at 1:19 AM
Hi Folks,
which modifications are needed to allow invisible pages (by setting the "invisible" attribute ) to be accessed by the public and not to be listed on the sidebar ?
i need to create pages not to be listed to on the sidebar but i can refer to them on a html section for example.

Thanks!
Mar 26, 2007 at 1:11 PM
Hello
Log in as admin user, then navigate to Pages and Navigation, there you have the option "Visible". Select the page you want to hide and uncheck the check box "Visible".

Best regards,
webeasy
Mar 26, 2007 at 6:10 PM
thanks Webeasy for the reply, but that's not the problem !, setting the "Visible" option to false will make it invisible to anonymous visitors, so i won't be able to add hyperlink to those pages on any content sections .

many thanks.
Mar 28, 2007 at 3:58 PM
Hello,
sorry for the misunderstanding. The cms uses the asp.net 2.0 features SitemapProvider Class and RoleProvider Class. In the CustomXmlSitemapProvider class you can find the method (override) IsAccessibleToUser, which is providing the logic, if a user can access a site of the sitemap or not. Unfortunately the class does not provide an apropriate method for the visibility of a node in the tree navigation.
Right now I cannot give a better advice than try to override either the SiteMapDataSource control, which is located in the different skin files (Skin.skin) or the CustomXmlSitemapProvider class.

Best regards,
Pascal
Jun 26, 2007 at 2:25 PM

que0x wrote:
Hi Folks,
which modifications are needed to allow invisible pages (by setting the "invisible" attribute ) to be accessed by the public and not to be listed on the sidebar ?
i need to create pages not to be listed to on the sidebar but i can refer to them on a html section for example.

Thanks!

Hello

Iv'e posted a solution for this.
This adds a page to the sitemap, but not to the menu. This makes it possible to link to the page from another page.
http://www.codeplex.com/MyWebPagesStarterKit/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=11268
Jul 7, 2008 at 9:37 PM
I've been trying all day while reading any information I could find, but have had no success yet.  Are there detailed steps on how to make pages that have the "visible" option unchecked still available via hyperlinks?  I have pasted CustomSiteMapDataSource.cs within the App_Code/Providers folder but find myself having a lot of difficulty with what needs to be done next.  I have tried several things with no success.

Can anyone give me the next steps?

My Goal:
Have pages that are browseable but not in the main sub menu.  A third of my sub-menu links are to other internet sites and I would like to add a Links module to the main page that is on the first level navigation page.
I am considering eliminating the drop down menus all together but cannot find how to do this also.
Jul 26, 2008 at 9:36 PM
Hi 24Shawn!

Sice I needed Rickard´s extension for our new company website too I integrated it with my "tribe" of MWPSK. At www.burstmode.de you can find a complete solution for download. Look at the MWPSKex.#003 zip file in the download section. You will also find a brief description which files I modified so you can decide to use the whole solution or just use the modified files.

The solution provided contains the source posted by TBPrince who based his work on the original work of Rickard Magnusson. Thanks to both of them!!! All the rest of the code is based upon MWPSK V1.2.1 (current) + newer FCKEditor with imgmap plugin.

Have fun!