Server Error in '/asp.netwebadminfiles' Application

Topics: Developer Forum, Localization Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Oct 4, 2009 at 4:14 AM

Unable to serialize the session state. In 'StateServer' and 'SQLServer' mode, ASP.NET will serialize the session state objects, and as a result non-serializable objects or MarshalByRef objects are not permitted. The same restriction applies if similar serialization is done by the custom session state store in 'Custom' mode

Please Help

Thanks

DN

Oct 5, 2009 at 4:03 AM

can you post your section of the web config file where you setup the session state? maybe that would help us figure out what is going on.  Also have you added the ASP.net tables to the dabase your connecting to?  There are alot of tables that get created when you get it setup correctly.

Oct 5, 2009 at 3:11 PM

Thanks Namoquy

I actually solved the problem after I posted. What I did is I go to the properties of my website in IIS manager then go to ASP.NET tab then go to Edit Configuration go to State Management tab under Session State Settings >> Session State mode by default it set to SQLServer I changed to StateServer. Then Authentication Tab under Authentication Settings Authentication mode I change to WIndows by default it set to form. then on the website permission I had to add Everyone Group with Read and Write permission, I do not know why only ready I can't logon.

Thanks

DN