Migration Tool?

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Sep 14, 2009 at 12:21 PM

I was wondering... In the final release for 1.3.x will there be a migration tool to move the data from our system to the new?  I have both a new site and now and upgraded site and have noticed that the CMS setup screens are not the same at all.  I am guessing that as the upgrade said not to overwirte the app_data folder that none of the new tables, and or settings are going to be in my upgrade...  So I would have to manually install my site into a new folder hand type all my content, and upload all my pictures, and and and...  One of the nice parts about SQL Backend you can use the alter table command and not loose any data.  Don't get me wrong I love this starter kit.. From a developers / end user it is really quick and easy...   Thanks for listening..

Coordinator
Sep 15, 2009 at 7:54 AM

Hi Namoguy

Just try this: Copy the whole App_Data folder from your old version to the directory where you installed the new version. The 1.3 version should be compatible to the old data files. You can change the new settings simply by using the regular backend. Please report any inconsistencies or errors you might encounter in this thread.

Thank you,
Matthias