Visual Studio 2010 & MWPSK

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Aug 4, 2009 at 11:46 PM

Hello Folks,

I am encounering a problem when using MWPSK and Visual Studio 2010.  I am using version 1.3 of MWPSK.

Here is the error!

Error 1 'System.Web.HttpBrowserCapabilities' does not contain a definition for 'AdapterGroups' and no extension method 'AdapterGroups' accepting a first argument of type 'System.Web.HttpBrowserCapabilities' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.20506\Temporary ASP.NET Files\bex3\b82ef868\ee802c3d\App_Browsers.vnof3iqn.0.cs 
Error 2 'System.Web.HttpBrowserCapabilities' does not contain a definition for 'AdapterGroups' and no extension method 'AdapterGroups' accepting a first argument of type 'System.Web.HttpBrowserCapabilities' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.20506\Temporary ASP.NET Files\bex3\b82ef868\ee802c3d\App_Browsers.vnof3iqn.0.cs 
Error 3 'System.Web.HttpBrowserCapabilities' does not contain a definition for 'AdapterGroups' and no extension method 'AdapterGroups' accepting a first argument of type 'System.Web.HttpBrowserCapabilities' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.20506\Temporary ASP.NET Files\bex3\b82ef868\ee802c3d\App_Browsers.vnof3iqn.0.cs 
Error 4 'System.Web.HttpBrowserCapabilities' does not contain a definition for 'AdapterGroups' and no extension method 'AdapterGroups' accepting a first argument of type 'System.Web.HttpBrowserCapabilities' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.20506\Temporary ASP.NET Files\bex3\b82ef868\ee802c3d\App_Browsers.vnof3iqn.0.cs 

How can I correct this error.

Thanks in advance for all assistance in this endeavor.

archman007

Aug 7, 2009 at 1:28 AM

I would suggest that this is a framework compatability issue, not Visual Studio.

You see, MWPSK was designed to compile to .NET framework 2.0,
and you are trying to compile it into version 4.0 of the framework, which is about 2 versions higher.
of course that microsoft supported backward compatability since ever, but keep in mind that .NET 4.0 is still in beta version.

try changing the Target Framework of the project to 2.0 or 3.5, which from my experience works fine.

Aug 9, 2009 at 4:14 PM

The first thing I did before compiling the MWPSK code was to make the platform 3.5.  This error is not begin generated from 4.x it is from 3.5!

I am open to suggestions on how to solve the problem.

Thanks,

Archman007