mwpsk and Blog Engine .NET

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
May 26, 2009 at 4:33 PM

Hello Folks,

I am interested in embedding Blog Engine .NET into mwpsk.  When I click on the option to blog I would like the current mwpsk theme to appear over the blog.  Subsequently when I change mwpsk themes the theme for the blog will reflect the current theme for mwpsk.  Such an infrastructure is highly desireable.  Any help or suggestions for this endeavor is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Arch

Jul 18, 2009 at 4:13 PM

Hello Arch,

I have used Blog Engine.net with MWPSK. I think the better way is to run them seperately in there own virtual directories, just theme Blog Engine.net the same as your MWPSK theme. And then JOIN the asp.net Membership so they share the same users and roles. I think the effort would be less, than attempting to embed them or combine them into 1 project. There are asp.net articles out there that demonstrate how to share the same asp.net Membership credentials between apps. This way when you update either project at different times with bug fixes and or version changes, should be easier to manage.

Just a suggestion, I have yet to do this myself all though it has been suggested to me.

Regards,
TJ Havens

Jul 18, 2009 at 5:03 PM

Hello TJ,

This is quite an intriguing notion.  As time permits I intend to pursue this endeavor.  Thanks and please keep me posted on new findings or updates.

Sincerely,
Arch Brooks

Jul 18, 2009 at 6:33 PM

Hello TJ,

I think I understand this premise.  What would the MWPSK site look like in this scenario where we create the virtual directories for the web site and then the blog engine so they may coexist?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Sincerely,
Arch Brooks

Jul 19, 2009 at 9:47 PM

Arch,

Well, I would add a Folder to the MWPSK directory called \Blog\ then turn it into a Virtual Directory in IIS. I would then download the Blog Engine.net files to this folder and configure accordingly. Does this make sense?

Regards,
TJ Havens