This project is read-only.

Error Message-Could not load file or assembly ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib, Version=0.84.0.0

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Mar 31, 2009 at 8:57 AM
Good Morning,
 I added some extensions from the 1.14 Extension Pack including the Roles Management to version 1.21 and I keep getting the error message. I added the ICSharpCode library to the bin file but continue to get this message below. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you-

Server Error in '/stemdrcom' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib, Version=0.84.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1b03e6acf1164f73' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Source Error:

Line 16:                           <assemblies>
Line 17:                                    <add assembly="System.Design, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
Line 18:                                    <add assembly="ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib, Version=0.84.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1B03E6ACF1164F73"/>
Line 19:                                    <add assembly="RJS.Web.WebControl.PopCalendar, Version=9.2.2231.17326, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=815CF5007F7D0455"/>
Line 20:                                    <add assembly="Medio.Datepicker, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken="/>

Source File: d:\hosting\stemdoctor\stemdrcom\web.config    Line: 18

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib, Version=0.84.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1b03e6acf1164f73' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433

Apr 1, 2009 at 2:08 PM
Edited Apr 1, 2009 at 2:09 PM
Hi Doc

It sounds like a versioning problem to me - I'd recommend downloading the SharpZipLib source and recompiling the dll, then try adding this new dll to the MWPSK project using "Add Reference".  This is how I added it to my version, although I also had to change the zip dll to "AllowPartiallyTrustedCallers", thus hacking it to work in Medium Trust.

Hope that helps.

Jim.

Apr 1, 2009 at 5:58 PM
Jim,

Thanks for the feedback. I had not tried that yet but will shortly and let you know how it goes.

Thanks agin,
Rudy