This project is read-only.

What do you think: Shall we open a MWPSK contrib project?

Topics: Developer Forum, Localization Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Mar 24, 2009 at 10:03 PM
Hi fellow fans of the My Web Pages Starter Kit!

Every day I check with this site and every time I'm truly amazed how lively and enthusiastic the growing community around MWPSK really is. Since the first launch of MWPSK we've seen many homebrew extensions and improvements as well as additional components that have been driven in the community and I would love to give all those activities a home where they can be found more easily...

Having said that: We're currently thinking about starting a MWPSK contrib project which could become the home for all stuff that is not directly related to the MWPSK core codebranch. Since the main idea behind that is to enable ways for you to contribute to MWPSK we're intending to open this completely to the public and play a role as contributor in that project ourselves.

So: This discussion is mainly to get your feedback on that idea and if you are a volunteer who want to be involved right away: Please step up :-)

Best,
Dirk
Mar 25, 2009 at 3:08 AM
I'm in - the sooner we can get all the great extensions out there into one place, the better.

Class documentation would really help the development effort, as would establishing a few coding standards/best practices - it'd be worth trying to ensure all the contrib development adheres to a common ruleset.

Look forward to it.

Jim.
Mar 26, 2009 at 8:48 PM
Count me in - Looking forward to it.

Thanks,
TJ Havens
Mar 28, 2009 at 1:30 AM
Definitely!
I am hoping to have an Adobe Kular 'extension' that makes easy color pallette replacements within the Theme Generators output.
Joe
Mar 31, 2009 at 3:06 PM
You can also count me in.
I have also some potential extension's  :)

Keep up the good work!

Greetz Geert
Apr 2, 2009 at 2:03 AM
Edited Apr 2, 2009 at 10:35 PM
Dirk - is there any way to log "feature requests" on Codeplex?  Something like this could help steer any contrib projects that start-up...

Thanks,

Jim.

Edit: nvm - I guess Issue Tracker is the way to do it...