Parser Error - help .. any ideas ?

Topics: Developer Forum, Localization Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Jan 8, 2009 at 9:04 AM
Hello all.. Help please !

I've managed to find an old server to configure as a development environment. I have the IIS now configured that I can see a static html page from the directory so permissions and linking is fine. However when I use the site I wish to modify and experiment with in the same directory (unmodified from the working site) .. I get the error message below .. 

Ideas gratefully welcomed !!! 
Regards Adrian

Server Error in '/' Application.

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Unknown server tag 'RJS:PopCalendar'.

Source Error:

Line 87: />
Line 88: 
Line 89: <RJS:PopCalendar Line 90:     runat="server" 
Line 91:     MessageAlignment="RightCalendarControl" 

Source File: /App_Themes/RoundedRed/Skin.skin    Line: 89
Feb 10, 2009 at 7:59 AM
Edited Feb 10, 2009 at 8:06 AM
Hi,

I have spent sometime using and testing this excellent work locally on my PC (Vista and Visual Studio) and I was very happy with the rapid results until the day, a week ago, that I uploaded the site to my host (copied the built web site from inside the visual studio).

I keep getting the same message as adrianRJ above.

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Unknown server tag 'RJS:PopCalendar'.

Source Error:

Line 66: />
Line 67: 
Line 68: <RJS:PopCalendar Line 69:     runat="server" 
Line 70:     MessageAlignment="RightCalendarControl" 

Source File: /users/att-dytik/3gym-elefs/3gymelef/public_html/App_Themes/SwishBlue/Skin.skin    Line: 68

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433

After some internet search I asked my host provider to check the rights of the ASP forders but the response was that the code is wrong, thing that I know is not true. What can be wrong or what else can I check?

Please help, as this whole thing has kept me on a trial and error loop for a week now.

Thanks a lot..........
Feb 11, 2009 at 3:15 PM
Just out of curiosity are you copying the website using FTP or publishing through Frontpage extensions?
Feb 20, 2009 at 6:44 PM
Latest try, I use the Copy Web Site from Visual Studio. By the way I have tried:

1. FTP tools
2. Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition / Copy Web Site feature
3. Visual Studio 2008 / Copy Web Site feature

I always get the same error.
Apr 19, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Hi mparian,

Were you ever able to figure out the problem? Thanks