Unable to resolve type 'MyWebPagesStarterKit.Controls.HtmlText, App_Code.d2v4cs49, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\TemplateBuilder\TemplateBuilder\licenses.licx 1 TemplateBuilder

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Nov 19, 2008 at 12:51 PM
I have downloaded the zip files and opened in Visual Studio 2008.
There was no project file, so I had to create a new project and copy all the files in.

When I try to compile, it just says: Error 33 Unable to resolve type 'MyWebPagesStarterKit.Controls.HtmlText, App_Code.d2v4cs49, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\TemplateBuilder\TemplateBuilder\licenses.licx 1 TemplateBuilder

If I delete these, then I get these errors:
Error 33 The type or namespace name 'MyWebPagesStarterKit' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\TemplateBuilder\TemplateBuilder\Login.aspx.cs 14 7 TemplateBuilder

Where do I get the SectionControlBaseClass and the MyWebPagesStartKit from?
Nov 21, 2008 at 9:05 AM
This is an ASP.NET2 Website, therefor it has not project file. Use the open Web Site option from the VS2008 menu.
If you are missing files I suggest you download the zip file again, make sure it's in the right size.
Nov 21, 2008 at 9:59 AM

Thanks,

I have now opened the project. Just get a default website though and not the expected admin section.