wishlist

Topics: Developer Forum
Jan 23, 2007 at 10:02 AM
Dear development team,

I have a few wishes, wich I believe are easy to develop:
- statistics
- change header for modules (in case you have two newssections and both of them are published on the homepage, there will be two ´news´ editions.)
- blog
- date and time in guestbook entry with an option for url and or emailadress (date and time also written in different ways: 1/12/2006, januari 12th 2007, 12-1-2007 etc.)
Jan 23, 2007 at 3:53 PM
- Alphabetical ordering in links-section
- Adding albums in gallerie-section
Coordinator
Jan 23, 2007 at 3:57 PM
Thanks for your input! We'll add it to our own "wishlist" and will try to add some of the features in future releases.
Jan 24, 2007 at 1:10 PM
- Alphabetical ordering in links-section

replace in the LinkList.asc.cs

gvLinkListEdit.DataSource = _section.GetLinkEntries();
gvLinkListEdit.DataBind();

and

gvLinkList.DataSource = _section.GetLinkEntries();
gvLinkList.DataBind();

with

DataView dv = _section.GetLinkEntries().DefaultView;
dv.Sort = "Title ASC";
gvLinkListEdit.DataSource = dv;
gvLinkListEdit.DataBind();
and

DataView dv = _section.GetLinkEntries().DefaultView;
dv.Sort = "Title ASC";
gvLinkList.DataSource = dv;
gvLinkList.DataBind();
Jan 24, 2007 at 11:12 PM
It would also be nice if you could add multiple roles to the site through the administration module. Specifically, I'd like to create roles besides the admin role that can update pages--add/edit sections but not create/delete pages. That would allow for multiple types of editors on the site where these editors can only modify the pages that have the designated role.
Jan 26, 2007 at 10:52 PM
I wish control to download flash animation to the section :-) Thanks
Jul 8, 2007 at 1:44 PM
Please, please... A BLOG module.
Many thanks for your work!
Nov 5, 2007 at 2:01 AM
Has any more thought been given to a BLOG module. About everything else is available but a Blog.

Great piece of work.
Nov 9, 2007 at 6:19 PM
Fantastic work! The beauty of this thing is the simplicity-- easy to deploy and simple to extend... As far as the core app I hope that remains a goal for successive releases.
For Sections- I anticipate a great number of created sections doing all kinds of things. I've got a few ideas of my own!

Wishes- (pardon if already been mentioned elsewhere)
- the ability to add/edit sections by role
- AJAX this puppy! or, maybe build two releases.. one ajax, one not?
- Simple migration to SQL. Should a site later warrant a move to SQL .. it'd be great to just drop in a module, browse a form entering DB info.. click go and it's done. All the DB objects are created and data is populated.

Finally, I think there's a great community out there that would contribute and promote this app.. but it doesn't seem to be.. connecting to? I don't know.. I don't find Codeplex very useful. You have to dig around to find evidence of life in this project. :-P Maybe having it's own community site would get this thing rolling?

There's 2 cents.
D