RoundedBlack Theme

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Sep 12, 2008 at 11:31 PM
Hi i downloaded this great product and modified this theme and have a image set in background but the theme has like Silver/Gray look when i put HTML or other Selections.
Is there a way i can modify to change it from the silver/gray to other color.

thanks
Sep 12, 2008 at 11:57 PM
Check the .css and skin files, these let you change the apperance of your theme.

Good luck.
Ron
Sep 13, 2008 at 4:20 AM
I checkded all css and the skin but i dont know what element i have to modify. i been playing around with all the elements in the .css and .skin
Sep 13, 2008 at 6:29 AM
Okay, I'm a learner like you, but from my limited experience I can tell you that all the files for a given theme are inside the App_Themes folder, I use the Rounded Black theme, so my files that let me modify my site are all in App_Themes/RoundedBlack/ there are only around 7 or 8 files, I have a few extra but that's it, your look and feel comes from those files, as far as I know. Why not undo what you did i.e. remove the background image and just start mucking around widening the site, I did this from the start up width by adding 200 to make it wider and it worked, there is a thread in the discussion list dedicated to this. Mucking around widening and shortening the site gives you a feel for it, then start doing other things like mucking around with font sizes and colors etc. All this will give you a clearer understanding of how it all goes together, then when you are comfortable you can reintroduce the background image. As I said, this all just thinking out loud, one of the clever people may see an error in this approach and advise accordingly, but essentially just tear it apart and put it back together time after time until you really understand it. Now that I have said that, I'm going to follow my own advice and do the same, good luck with it, don't give up, it's a magic CMS.

Regards
Ron
Sep 14, 2008 at 7:37 PM
can you tell me the thread to make the width 200 more. or in which css i need to modify this.
thanx
Sep 15, 2008 at 12:38 AM
Yep, here you go :-) http://www.codeplex.com/MyWebPagesStarterKit/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=34052

Regards
Ron