This project is read-only.

Silverlight Video Gallery

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Apr 20, 2012 at 4:59 PM

A couple of years ago I started using MWPSK as the base for my families website.  The website is used mostly to share photos and videos.  With the birth of my daughter about a year ago, the amount of video and photos grew drastically.  I soon realized that the Video Content section included was not going to work for the number of videos I wanted to publish, and the way I wanted to organize them together.

For my own personal purposes I have created a “Silverlight Video Gallery” section.  It allows for multiple videos to be uploaded into the single section (similar to the existing photo gallery section).  Each video is represented in a list as a thumbnail image.  When a thumbnail is clicked in the list, the video will play (similar to YouTube).

Anyway, I don’t see a lot of traffic with MWPSK anymore, and don’t know how much of a following it still has.  If there is interest in this new section, I can clean it up a bit and make it available to others.  Some more testing would need to be done of video formats other than  'wmv'

I’m basically just trying to get a feel for how much interest there is in such as section.  I don’t have a lot of time, so if there isn’t much interest I would prefer not to spend the time.