This project is read-only.

Out of Memory Errors?

Topics: Developer Forum
Jan 11, 2007 at 3:28 PM
My sites I've designed with the kit have worked perfectly for several weeks. But all of a sudden they all return the following error:

----------------------

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

Source Error:

Line 63: <providers>
Line 64: <clear/>
Line 65: <add name="CustomRoleProvider" type="MyWebPagesStarterKit.Providers.CustomRoleProvider"/>
Line 66: </providers>
Line 67: </roleManager>

-----------------
I have other asp.net sites that I've built without using the mywebpagesstarterkit and hosted on the same hosting account. They are currently working fine. Any thoughts?
Jan 12, 2007 at 2:35 PM
Dear user

it looks as if the application reached the memory limit of the given amount of memory by the hoster ?
That's what the error message is indicating at... but sometimes an error message can be an aftereffects of other errors...

To exclude the possibilty, that there is a wrong configuration in your data folder, I suggest, that you send me your App_Data folder in order that I can check it: psc@futurecom.ch

best regards,
webeasy
Oct 6, 2007 at 4:11 AM
Is there a memory limit for MWPSK application itself, not for the hoster? I have built more than 100 pages in a single MWPSK application so far and wondering if the application would run out of projected application memory.