Missing namespaces.

Topics: User Forum
Aug 17, 2008 at 2:09 AM
Hi All,

I'm relatively new at this, and I have been looking around to see if I could find a resolution to the issue, but I'm coming up blank.

I've copied the body of the site into wwwroot, set trust levels to medium, and given IIS write privelige on the App_data folder, but I'm still getting an error code on attempting to access.

From what I can see it's missing a library when trying to tie everything together, details below, any ideas?

Compilation Error

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ControlDesigner' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Source Error:

Line 63:     }
Line 64:
Line 65: public class TemplatedContentDesigner : ControlDesigner
Line 66: {
Line 67: TemplateGroupCollection col = null;

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\App_Code\Controls\TemplatedContent.cs    Line: 65

Aug 19, 2008 at 3:02 AM

There are 89,200 possible responses at Google :-)

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=are+you+missing+a+using+directive+or+an+assembly+reference&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

Hopefully your answer will be in the first or second one.

Ron

Jun 9, 2011 at 9:07 PM
Edited Jun 9, 2011 at 10:59 PM

I just downloaded 1.3.2 and get the exact same error. Anyone know of the correct fix for this?

Jun 10, 2011 at 10:51 AM

Its probably just the assembly System.Design.dll not resolving.

Try deleting it as a reference if it is showing as one, then add it back.