Adding a new section

Topics: Developer Forum
Dec 22, 2006 at 4:58 PM
Hello and Happy Hollidays :)
I've added a new section control to my copy of the starter kit. I have it working and persisting data like it should, but the control is listed in the Add Section Drop Down box as follows:
MyWebPagesStarterKit.AircraftSchedules, App_Code.xxxxx, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

How did you get the original section controls to display just the name of the section?

I can't seem to find any settings that will control what is picked up by code and placed in the drop down.

Thanks
Dec 25, 2006 at 2:03 PM
You have to add a key to the resource file with ctlNameRssKey or something like that, just verify in the resource files
Dec 27, 2006 at 1:36 PM
Thanks,
I looked at that code in default.aspx.cs several times, and it never registered in my mind!

Dan
Nov 16, 2007 at 6:42 AM
Hi
I have same problem as dantindall. Which is the resource file with ctlNameRssKey? Would you give me some example?

Thanks.
Nov 16, 2007 at 4:31 PM
Is the method "insertRssKeyValue" in Section folder only for sidebar?
Nov 17, 2007 at 1:59 AM
I found the file to add the ctlNameRssKey
Nov 30, 2007 at 7:02 AM
Edited Nov 30, 2007 at 7:04 AM

dantindall wrote:
Hello and Happy Hollidays :)
I've added a new section control to my copy of the starter kit. I have it working and persisting data like it should, but the control is listed in the Add Section Drop Down box as follows:
MyWebPagesStarterKit.AircraftSchedules, App_Code.xxxxx, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

How did you get the original section controls to display just the name of the section?

I can't seem to find any settings that will control what is picked up by code and placed in the drop down.

Thanks

In all App_GlobalResources add
ctl_YourClassName_RssTitle

For the EasyControl class it look's like
ctl_EasyControl_RssTitle

Now its display in the dropdownlist with the value you write