This project is read-only.

A real newbie question, but really need help!

Topics: Developer Forum, Localization Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Jun 28, 2008 at 3:27 AM
Hi guys,

I've been working on my "My Web Pages Starter Kit" setup for a week now and tonight I was finally ready to publish it to my new hosted server at bluehost.com. I used the Microsoft "Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition" software to upload using "WebSite/Copy Web Site" FTP function.

I sent everything (all the files) to my "public_html" directory. The problem is when I try to access my web site using my new domain name, all the directories display, but not my new "My Web Pages Starter Kit" application!

How does the application "load" and "run" if there is no index.html type page??

What am I missing? (probably a lot, I know)...

My domain name is "www.georgejonesphotography.com"  ... you will see the directories displayed, but that it!

Any help appreciated!

Thank you!
Mack Jones
Charlotte, North Carolina

Jun 28, 2008 at 1:23 PM
Edited Jun 28, 2008 at 1:24 PM
It seems your host is hosting on Unix machine. I wonder if your host has ASP.NET 2.0 support.  If there's default.aspx (it does in this case), you do not need to specify the file name...it's like index.html for Asp.Net application.
Jun 28, 2008 at 2:17 PM
It looks like you are missing the page the host uses as your default.

Being Apache, try adding an index.html page.  If that works and no directory is listed, go in  your Hosting Control Panel,
change the default page to your homepage. 

If your host is looking for default.asp or aspx as your default page, make sure you are running that as your default page,
If not use your CMS admin area and change the homepage to default with the little alias box.

Hope that helps

Mykal
The NetArchitect