Contact Form and AntiBot Images

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
May 28, 2008 at 2:08 AM
I added the anti bot image feature to the contact form on my web site. In the last month, I have been inundated with spam sent through the contact form by bots. I had over 500 bot visits recorded in the last 30 days. I'm hoping that adding the anti bot image will reduce the amount of spam I've been receiving.
Jun 12, 2008 at 10:12 PM
I just did the same thing. I've written a lot of contact forms and I usually use a technique I call "Form Key," which is shown in plain text and doesn't usually even change value. CAPTCHA is actually overkill because the loser spammers don't bother to make the bots smart enough to read the page for the expected value anyway. So, now you've written this mod and I've written this mod. Shouldn't the core product receive this update so everyone else doesn't have to write it too? It is an easy fix, and I'd be happy to pass it along.
Coordinator
Jun 13, 2008 at 8:16 AM
I agree. This is nasty and we should resolve this in the core kit. Especially because we already have the antibot feature included for the guestbook. I will create an issue out of this.

Urs
Aug 12, 2008 at 10:05 PM
hello vfontjr i will be very thankfull if u kindly show us how did you add the antibit image feature to the contact form