Translation to VB.net

Topics: Developer Forum
Dec 7, 2006 at 4:41 PM
I really like it, but I am not very familiar with C#

Is there any way to translate this starter pack to vb.net ?
Coordinator
Dec 7, 2006 at 5:44 PM
Yes, in theory there is. But for the time beeing we will not do it because we only have limited resources.

What you can do anyway is adding custom controls as EasyControls in MWPSK written in VB. ASP.NET 2.0 allows for mixed languages in one project.

Dec 7, 2006 at 6:12 PM
I would like to remake html control in vb.net, but i cant find where is load/save function of xml files. i would like to use kits functions instead of writing my own. I would like to add some new fields like title and date.
Coordinator
Dec 10, 2006 at 6:32 AM
This question goes right into the core concepts of MWPSK. And we are working on the documentation about the internals. For now I will try to answer the question with a short answer.

The class HtmlContent inherits from Section and Persistable. If you hover the cursor over the property _data in Web Dev Express you will see that this field is actually defined in Persistable where all the serialization is done. In *Persistable you will find the methods LoadData and SaveData.

Urs

Jan 24, 2007 at 2:48 AM
It is not possible. When i write easycontrol in VB, i can't see it in EasyControls select in section. How can i do it?