This project is read-only.

pages and navigations link gets error (with roll extension)

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
May 14, 2008 at 8:35 PM
I downloaded 1.14, and mwpskExtensions. I am using TravelDiary theme. When I click "pages and navigations" link under Administration, I get following error message. When I check APP-GlobalResources (in default StringsRes.resx), surely it does not exist. How is it supposed look like?

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The resource object with key 'adm_Navigation_EnabledRoles' was not found.

Source Error:

Line 112:                    <tr>
Line 113:                        <td class="fieldlabel">
Line 114: <asp:Localize ID="Localize4" runat="server" Text="<%$ Resources:stringsRes, adm_Navigation_EnabledRoles%>"></asp:Localize></td>Line 115:                        <td class="field">
Line 116:                            <asp:CheckBoxList ID="RolesList" runat="server">

Source File: /Maximus/administration/navigation.aspx    Line: 114

May 14, 2008 at 11:19 PM
Hi Julia,

The resourse for adm_Navigation_EnabledRoles is:

Name: adm_Navigation_EnabledRoles
Value: Enabled roles
Comment: VaiSulWeb

There are several keys with VaiSulWeb in the comment field, so if you don't see any others, then I'm guessing you're still using an old StringRes.resx file.  Try re-copying the file from the 1.1.4 Extensions zip file that you downloaded into your project to ensure you have all the keys. 
May 15, 2008 at 12:52 AM
Thank you very much. Now, I got beyond parser error. How do I create new roles, do you have any documentation you can direct me to? User management link does not have any mechanism to create roles.
May 15, 2008 at 1:45 AM
Thank you very much. Now, I got beyond parser error. How do I create new roles, do you have any documentation you can direct me to? User management link does not have any mechanism to create roles.
May 15, 2008 at 5:06 AM
I don't know of any documentation.  There is the readme file, which says to access the roles editor and mapper via /administration/rolesmanagement.aspx, or you can add the mapper and editor easy control to a page.
May 15, 2008 at 4:29 PM
Ok, so I run rolemanagement.aspx, and when I fill in login information, I get the following message

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The file '/Maximus/SectionControls/RoleEditor.ascx' does not exist.

Source Error:

Line 1:  <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="RolesManagement.aspx.cs" Inherits="Administration_RolesManagement" MasterPageFile="~/Site.master" %>
Line 2:  <%@ MasterType VirtualPath="~/Site.master" %>
Line 3: <%@ Register Src="../SectionControls/RoleEditor.ascx" TagName="RoleEditor" TagPrefix="uc1" %>Line 4:  <%@ Register Src="../SectionControls/RolesMapper.ascx" TagName="RolesMapper" TagPrefix="uc2" %>
Line 5:  <asp:Content ID="contentPane" ContentPlaceHolderID="mainContent" runat="Server">

Source File: /Maximus/Administration/RolesManagement.aspx    Line: 3

I did not see any "SectionControls" folder updates when I downloaded MWPSKExtensions...where do I get this RoleEditor.ascx usercontrol?

Thanks for any help.

J. 

May 15, 2008 at 4:31 PM
Sorry, I found SectionControls folder.
I am so messed up. Very sorry to bother.
May 15, 2008 at 4:42 PM
It is working fine, now. Thanks much. J.