Security Exception error

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
May 9, 2008 at 5:09 PM
Hi All,
I am trying to run MWPSK in my hosting server in a virtual directory (www.mysite.com/test) but it does not work. I get the home page open fine but when I try to login getting msg 'SECURITY EXECPTION ERROR'. getting the following msg, please help -
Server Error in '/aspblog' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Security Exception
Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

Source Error:

No relevant source lines

Source File: AppWebjbfvcy_h.6.cs Line: 0

Stack Trace:

SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.
System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(Object demand, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean isPermSet) +0
System.Security.CodeAccessPermission.Demand() +59
System.Reflection.Assembly.VerifyCodeBaseDiscovery(String codeBase) +118
System.Reflection.Assembly.get_CodeBase() +32
System.Reflection.Assembly.get_EscapedCodeBase() +4
System.Web.UI.Util.GetAssemblySafePathFromType(Type t) +16
System.Web.Compilation.CompilationUtil.GetTypeFromAssemblies(AssemblyCollection assembliesCollection, String typeName, Boolean ignoreCase) +282
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase) +325
System.Web.UI.Page.get_IsPartialRenderingSupported() +71
System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseValidator.RegisterValidatorCommonScript() +24
System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseValidator.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +70
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +86
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +170
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +7350
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +213
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +86
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) +18
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +49
ASP.loginaspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in AppWebjbfvcyh.6.cs:0
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +358
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +64

May 10, 2008 at 12:52 AM
I am not sure if this is valid, and I've been playing with this kit only for a few days (not very knowledgeable), but I had problem uploading the kit to a sub directory of my hosting site. When I uploaded to the root directory, it was ok. J.
May 14, 2008 at 5:57 PM
Hi tajuddin!

Today i installed the Beta 1.20 in´a shared hosting environment with medium trustlevel.

I had a similar Security Exception Error like you.

This has nothing to do with the login, but concerns the application security.

First of all i thought the RssFedd from Version 1.1.4, which i reintegrated in the Beta 1.2, throwing this exception.

But then i removed all Code in touch with the Blog Module, where, in my case, the reason for the security exception was situated.

Now my application runs without problems!

Perhaps the solution in your case is similar.

Therefore i share this, before i solved the problem without loosing the blog module ;-)

Because i want to use the blog module, i will do further »exploration« in this field.

Cheers

Alex.