User Images Problem

Topics: User Forum
Apr 16, 2008 at 11:31 AM
Hello there,
I am having a problem displaying user images. I can upload images but when I go to add them to a page they are missing i.e. click insert/edit image, and the Image properties Dialog appears, I select the image via Image Browser but it shows up as an X in the preview.

The URL in the image properties is as below: -

/site/ImageHandler.ashx?UploadedFile=true&pg=XXX&image=~/App_Data/UserImages/aib-fx.jpg

MWPSK 1.2.0

Any ideas as to what I have done wrong?

Thanks
Apr 19, 2009 at 3:36 PM
Hi Paulharbison,

I think this forum will be disappeared soon because nobody take care of it, a lot of problems and no answer or help!!!

Alex
Apr 20, 2009 at 2:04 PM
Paul,

I have version 1.2.2, so the following may be of no use.

My version of ImageHandler.ashx only serves files from the "~/App_Data/_Downloads" virtual folder.  To serve files from a different, non-child folder would require code changes in the ImageHandler.ashx file.

In normal use, the "image" query string value would be a file within the _Downloads folder, (e.g. image=nameOfFile.jpg).  The one you have in your query string is a server-side url, and the code is expecting a relative url.

You either need to change the code in ImageHandler.ashx, or instead upload the files to "~App_Data/_Downloads", (or a sub folder).

hth,

Jim.