Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Programming\Website\starterkit\App_Data\Pages\.config'.

Mar 30, 2008 at 11:43 AM
Hello

This happens when i start up the starterkit.

What shall i do to prevent this error.

Server Error in '/starterkit/ Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Programming\Website\starterkit\App_Data\Pages\.config'.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Programming\Website\huntersim.evok.dk\App_Data\Pages\.config'.

Source Error:

Line 52: //if nothing was found in the cache, the data must be loaded from the disk
Line 53: //load and deserialize the data from the filesystem
Line 54: using (FileStream reader = File.Open(_path, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read, FileShare.ReadWrite))
Line 55: {
Line 56: XmlSerializer serializer = new XmlSerializer(typeof(T));

Source File: c:\Programming\Website\huntersim.evok.dk\App_Code\Persistable.cs Line: 54

Kind Regards Steen osterby
Nov 24, 2010 at 8:52 AM

Hey guys,

I have the same problem....

What did you do to solve it ? Did you remove the cache feature from the Persistence.cs ?

Thank you for your help.

Fred

Nov 25, 2010 at 8:02 AM

It has nothing to do with the cache.

"Pages\.config" is not a valid file name. Is it possible you have updated this to .NET 4?

Anyway, Backup your App_Data folder and then delete it. try start the application again. be sure to stop any instances of of the development server before proceeding to ensure the fault is not re-used from the cache.

If still no luck then you will need to debug the application and find out why your version is not getting the page name "Pages\'GUID'.config" where the Guid should be something like "f405ef48-cd95-435f-b193-3e8062afaeb8" It is most likely it has failed to set the home page id.

If you happen to have updated to .NET 4 then rolled back to .NET 3.5 or any older version then you will need to locate in every file where it has updated assembly reference's.