Great start w/extensions, but...

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Feb 28, 2008 at 6:49 PM
I want to thank the creators for this great CMS, that is fairly easily extended. I want to thank those who have contributed thus far in new extensions.

I would like to opt-in for an AJAX version, even if it is something as simple as having an update panel for the content areas and reducing full page postbacks....

If those that have already gotten AJAX implemented could share some examples or code snippets, it would be helpful. My attempts resulted in having to delete the page being edited and recreating.

For those that would like to see where I've gotten thus far with the kit, please visit: http://jeremiah.soundviews.us

Regards,

Jeremiah
Feb 28, 2008 at 7:21 PM
Edited Feb 28, 2008 at 7:22 PM
Ditto on the Great code.

I hope to see 3 versions-- 2.0 no ajax... 2.0/ajax... and 3.5/ajax. Ok.. all I reeeally want to see it the 3.5 ajax :-)
When I got vs2008 and tested a local install of mwpsk, on 3.5 ajax.. it was a rockin user-experience.

Urs?.. dev guys? what are your plans? You guys are pretty quiet. haha :-P

David
Feb 29, 2008 at 7:53 AM

aeromed wrote:
Ditto on the Great code.

I hope to see 3 versions-- 2.0 no ajax... 2.0/ajax... and 3.5/ajax. Ok.. all I reeeally want to see it the 3.5 ajax :-)
When I got vs2008 and tested a local install of mwpsk, on 3.5 ajax.. it was a rockin user-experience.

Urs?.. dev guys? what are your plans? You guys are pretty quiet. haha :-P

David

Hi David,

Any details on how you upgraded to 3.5 and utilized AJAX? I'm also trying to figure out how to use various AJAX controls (perhaps as Easy Controls?) but haven't gotten it to work yet. I'd appreciate any tips you might have.

Regards,

Jeremiah
Mar 5, 2008 at 5:49 PM

Any details on how you upgraded to 3.5 and utilized AJAX? I'm also trying to figure out how to use various AJAX controls (perhaps as Easy Controls?) but haven't gotten it to work yet. I'd appreciate any tips you might have.

Well, it was a temp test and I'd discarded the install. Quite busy with other things.. so I can't give you a play by play at the moment, but maybe could very soon. Or, hopefully, someone else may chime in.

Basically, if I recall, I added the asp:scriptmanager to the master... and surrounded the section controls content with asp:update panels.. and it worked. So, I was only ajaxing the admin functions.

It would be nice to hear some tid-bits about 1.2 ?? As to whether it will be ajaxed.. or whether we'll have to implement ourselves.

David