This project is read-only.

Error Running Starter Kit

Topics: User Forum
Nov 2, 2006 at 2:59 PM
Just unzipped out of the box and tried to run it, getting the following error:

Server Error in '/sk' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could not find file 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\MyWebPagesStarterKit1.0.0\AppData\Pages\.config'.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\MyWebPagesStarterKit1.0.0\AppData\Pages\.config'.

Source Error:

Line 52: //if nothing was found in the cache, the data must be loaded from the disk
Line 53: //load and deserialize the data from the filesystem
Line 54: using (FileStream reader = File.Open(_path, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read, FileShare.ReadWrite))
Line 55: {
Line 56: XmlSerializer serializer = new XmlSerializer(typeof(T));

Source File: c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\MyWebPagesStarterKit1.0.0\AppCode\Persistable.cs Line: 54
Nov 2, 2006 at 4:31 PM
Hi,

We have to investigate the issue. What you can try to get going until we have a better solution is to delete the whole content in the AppData folder and try again to start it by visiting the homepage. If the folder AppData is empty the kit should initialize the basic data files.

Thanks a lot for the feedback

Urs
Nov 3, 2006 at 3:44 PM
I was able to open it using Visual Studio/open website and browse that way. So it is possible that my IIS is acting up once again. If noone else is experiencing this, I guess it's me :)
Nov 3, 2006 at 4:21 PM
Hello

Thanks for your reply, we are glad you managed to resolve the problem. If the problem occurs again, please let us know !

Thanks and best regards,
Pascal
Nov 17, 2006 at 6:35 PM
Ok, here is the error I am getting.
If you download, unzip and then try to run you get
--------------------------------
Server Error in '/MyWebPagesStarterKit_1.0.2' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 24: </compilation>
Line 25:
Line 26: <authentication mode="Forms">
Line 27: <forms loginUrl="Login.aspx" timeout="500000" protection="All" name=".ASPXFORMSAUTH"/>
Line 28: </authentication>

Source File: D:\unzipped\MyWebPagesStarterKit1.0.2\mywebpagesstarterkit1.0.2\web.config Line: 26

Thought you should know,
yousaid
Nov 17, 2006 at 6:36 PM
Will a VB port be available?
yousaid
Nov 20, 2006 at 3:51 PM
Dear "Starter Kit" User

The error is not indication to the Starter Kit Package, but to the IIS-Configuration of your webserver.

What version of IIS are you using ?

You need to check, if in the properties of your Web Site in IIS the Application Name is empty or not. In case it is empty you just click on "create".

I hope this helps!

Best regards,
Pascal