Editing HTML Tags not working

Topics: Developer Forum, Localization Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Jan 14, 2008 at 11:06 PM
Edited Jan 15, 2008 at 1:45 AM
HTML tags while logged in as Admin give me nothing to do any editing. Using Visual Web Developer '08, I can edit the HTML tags, though.
Debugging this feature, I come up with the exception:

'WebDev.WebServer.EXE' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\wwwroot\8401b9a0\5d5c888\AppWeb7pwpxdvs.dll', Symbols loaded.
A first chance exception of type 'System.Threading.ThreadAbortException' occurred in mscorlib.dll
An exception of type 'System.Threading.ThreadAbortException' occurred in mscorlib.dll but was not handled in user code ("this exception is repeated over and over again while debugging).

Any way of fixing this? When I first implemented this, there were no problems, but now I can't create any HTML tags without using Visual Web Dev.

When trying to rebuild the site, with Visual Web Developer, I get these warnings during the process:

c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\wwwroot\f4826dc0\320dcdf5\AppWebrgvh-bcs.6.cs(190,40): warning CS0436: The type 'Search' in 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\wwwroot\f4826dc0\320dcdf5\AppWebrgvh-bcs.6.cs' conflicts with the imported type 'Search' in 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\wwwroot\f4826dc0\320dcdf5\AppWebzrd48or.dll'. Using the one in 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\wwwroot\f4826dc0\320dcdf5\AppWeb_rgvh-bcs.6.cs'.
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Default.aspx.cs(50,20): warning CS0108: 'Default.PagePreRender(object, System.EventArgs)' hides inherited member 'MyWebPagesStarterKit.Controls.PageBaseClass.Page_PreRender(object, System.EventArgs)'. Use the new keyword if hiding was intended.
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Search.aspx.cs(40,20): warning CS0108: 'Search.PagePreRender(object, System.EventArgs)' hides inherited member 'MyWebPagesStarterKit.Controls.PageBaseClass.PagePreRender(object, System.EventArgs)'. Use the new keyword if hiding was intended.
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Administration\WebSite.aspx.cs(66,20): warning CS0108: 'AdministrationWebSite.PagePreRender(object, System.EventArgs)' hides inherited member 'MyWebPagesStarterKit.Controls.PageBaseClass.Page_PreRender(object, System.EventArgs)'. Use the new keyword if hiding was intended.

I closed the application, went to this directory and deleted all the files there; then went back into the application, and the same thing occured. And I still can't edit HTML, and now an image that used to be in an HTML section disappeared.

Thank you,

Ed
Jan 15, 2008 at 5:52 PM
Problem resolved; There had to be something missing in my directory somewhere. I saved my App_Data folder, and deleted all the other files and folders; then i just replaced all the files with the originals from the Zip file.
It worked; that's all that matters. I can edit my HTML, and actually input code and images within the HTML tags; this was what started the whole problem to begin with, and where the errors and warnings started popping up all over WebDev and IE7.

Problem resolved, though; if there's an easier solution to resolve this - please post it so I, and others, will know what to do that's better than what I did.

Thanks
Jan 15, 2008 at 9:26 PM
So; deleting the files from before, and replacing them with the originals only worked for a little while. I'm now back to where I was before; I can't edit the HTML tags anymore, and the images and code I placed in the HTML while it was working, is now all gone.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Jan 18, 2008 at 2:58 PM
Hi Ed,

I have the same problem.

I made a new resource file for the Dutch language, added "nl" to the supported languages in the web.config and set the language in CMS Setup to Dutch. After this I could not use the HTML tags anymore.

Workaround: set the language in CMS Setup to one of the standard available languages, edit my pages and set the language in CMS Setup back to Dutch.

Hope this helps.

Greetz,
Rob
Jan 18, 2008 at 9:13 PM
Edited Jan 18, 2008 at 9:20 PM

rkei wrote:
Hi Ed,

I have the same problem.

I made a new resource file for the Dutch language, added "nl" to the supported languages in the web.config and set the language in CMS Setup to Dutch. After this I could not use the HTML tags anymore.

Workaround: set the language in CMS Setup to one of the standard available languages, edit my pages and set the language in CMS Setup back to Dutch.

Hope this helps.

Greetz,
Rob

Hi rkei,
I tried what you suggested, but I had no luck. Editing my HTML tags were working at one point, then the editing features disappeared, so I can't edit by going into the site through my browser. The only way I can edit my HTML tags is to go through Visual Web Dev; then when debugging, my "mscorlib.dll" throws an exception (System.Threading.ThreadAbortException). This is what I think is what's giving me the problem with editing my HTML tags. If not, then it's some other bug; but that's the only problems I'm getting with this whole setup.
It's just a pain to go from my browser then to WebDev just to edit HTML.

Thanks anyways!!