Thumbnails and Full Size image uploads

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Jan 10, 2008 at 4:10 AM
I've tried this in another discussion, but have had no luck; when I upload my images to the web galleries, I have two images produced of the same file (ie. picture001.jpg and picture001(1).jpg), and both being the same size. The file with the (1) added into the file name doesn't appear to be of any use, and I can delete it without any problems. Is there not a directory for smaller image files that are used just for the web application, then the original file is the one that's supposed to be placed into the _download directory?
I'd like to be able to keep the original file for the download in the galleries, and a reduced image size for gallery viewing. Which file do I have to edit to change the download directory for the original image files that I would rather have for the download, instead of the reduced image files that I process for the gallery images?
Coordinator
Jan 10, 2008 at 7:50 AM
Hi,

That's right. The second file (1) doesn't make any sense. We will look into that. The thumbnail is actually created on the fly.

Urs
Jan 11, 2008 at 10:22 AM
Edited Jan 11, 2008 at 10:23 AM

ursmueller wrote:
Hi,

That's right. The second file (1) doesn't make any sense. We will look into that. The thumbnail is actually created on the fly.

Urs

Hi Urs

How about the download location; is there a way I can change that up? Using resized images for the galleries is better, and quicker, for the upload; the original files sit on a RAID array, and there's not enough space on my primary drive.

Thanks,

Ed
Coordinator
Jan 23, 2008 at 1:38 PM
We fixed the bug of the redundant image for the 1.2.0 Beta Release.

Best regards,
webeasy