This project is read-only.

What Happened to my HTML Tags?

Topics: Developer Forum
Jan 8, 2008 at 1:33 PM
I had formatted all on my Events and Articles with Tables, Pix, etc, the next day they were all gone. All of the HTML tags had been stripped out; tables, pix, linefeed, font size, justification, all gone in all of the Events and Articles. All that was left was text; all run together, not a single HTML tag. Where did they go? Weird…

srl
Jan 9, 2008 at 5:51 PM
This happens when you perform a search. This is a known bug.

Upon searching, MWPSK removes HTML tags from articles (and other items) before searching. Given the way MWPSK handles such data, these changes persist until session is closed (note: they're never persisted to disk, only in memory). If you close your browser and start a new session, you should find them all back.

Hope this helps.
Jan 10, 2008 at 2:01 AM
Thanks TB

That is so weird, you were right, I did a search and all the HTML tags where striped out. I closed and reopened the browser and they were still stripped, I rebooted, I tried another computer, I rebooted the modem for a new IP and still no HTML tags. I finely FTP a new file to my website and everything came back to normal. It must persist in memory on the server, when I uploaded the file, only then did it reload the memory.

I guess the solution to this problem is to remove the search button.

srl
Jan 10, 2008 at 8:58 AM
The problem lies in code for Search handler of relevant objects (for example, Articles class for articles section). Didn't attempt to fix it myself yet but I think it should be easily fixable. Hope to have some time to post a patch maybe.

If you don't need searching, you can hide search button and remove search.aspx page and avoid such behaviour. Anyway, the way searching has been designed is very powerful, actually. I use that in many many cases.

Best regards.




srlilley wrote:
Thanks TB

That is so weird, you were right, I did a search and all the HTML tags where striped out. I closed and reopened the browser and they were still stripped, I rebooted, I tried another computer, I rebooted the modem for a new IP and still no HTML tags. I finely FTP a new file to my website and everything came back to normal. It must persist in memory on the server, when I uploaded the file, only then did it reload the memory.

I guess the solution to this problem is to remove the search button.

srl

Jan 12, 2008 at 5:40 PM
Edited Jan 12, 2008 at 5:47 PM
To temporary hide SEARCH until TBPrince fixes this nasty little bug; In the StringsRes.resx, just remove the word "Search" in the Value column next to the name, glb__Search, when the bug is fixed, you can type it back in.

glb__Search ................ ________ ................ added 1.0.0 (Note: Add Search when bug is fixed)

srl