This project is read-only.

help for my web site

Topics: Developer Forum, Localization Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Dec 29, 2007 at 8:30 AM
I have a great problem see please http://www.leonforteonline.it/spacesicily/portale_sicilia there is the page that don't work also here is the code of web.config file:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<configuration>
<configSections>
<section name="supportedLanguages" requirePermission="false" type="System.Configuration.SingleTagSectionHandler"/>
</configSections>
<appSettings>
<add key="version" value="1.1.4" />
<add key="FCKeditor:UserFilesPath" value="~/App_Data/UserImages/" />
<add key="portale_sicilia" value="1" />
</appSettings>

<connectionStrings/>

<!--<supportedLanguages languages="de,en,pt,ar,cs,es,pl,fr,el"/>-->

<system.web>

<httpRuntime maxRequestLength="100240" />

<compilation debug="true" batch="true">
<assemblies>
<add assembly="System.Design, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
</assemblies>
</compilation>

<authentication mode="Forms">
<forms loginUrl="Login.aspx" timeout="500000" protection="All" name=".ASPXFORMSAUTH"/>
</authentication>

<!--
Make sure that upon deployment, this setting may have to be commented out as most
providers/hosters don't allow you to manually set the trust level.

<trust level="Medium"/>
-->

<customErrors mode="Off" defaultRedirect="GenericErrorPage.htm">
<error statusCode="403" redirect="NoAccess.htm" />
<error statusCode="404" redirect="FileNotFound.htm" />
</customErrors>

<membership defaultProvider="CustomXmlMembershipProvider">
<providers>
<clear/>
<add name="CustomXmlMembershipProvider" type="MyWebPagesStarterKit.Providers.CustomXmlMembershipProvider" maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="3" passwordAttemptWindow="5" minRequiredNonAlphanumericCharacters="0" minRequiredPasswordLength="3" passwordStrengthRegularExpression="" enablePasswordReset="true" enablePasswordRetrieval="true" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="True" requiresUniqueEmail="true"/>
</providers>
</membership>
<roleManager defaultProvider="CustomRoleProvider" enabled="true">
<!--cacheRolesInCookie="true" cookieName=".ASPROLES" cookieTimeout="30" cookiePath="/" cookieRequireSSL="false" cookieSlidingExpiration="true" cookieProtection="All"-->
<providers>
<clear/>
<add name="CustomRoleProvider" type="MyWebPagesStarterKit.Providers.CustomRoleProvider"/>
</providers>
</roleManager>
<siteMap defaultProvider="CustomXmlSitemapProvider">
<providers>
<clear/>
<add name="CustomXmlSitemapProvider" type="MyWebPagesStarterKit.Providers.CustomXmlSitemapProvider" securityTrimmingEnabled="true" siteMapFile="~/App_Data/Web.sitemap"/>
</providers>
</siteMap>
</system.web>
<location path="Administration">
<system.web>
<authorization>
<allow roles="Administrators"/>
<deny users="*"/>
</authorization>
</system.web>
</location>
</configuration>
I made several tryout but I don't find the solution. Somebody please can help me.
Thanks in advance
Gianni = yasminesolidas@yahoo.es
Jan 4, 2008 at 4:26 PM
While this may have nothing to do with it, and I really can't explain why it happens but make sure you are actually updating or uploading your web config file so that it stays the same once uploaded.

This is a little tougher to explain but here is what has recently happened to me.

I am now using Vista Home Premium (like it by the way)
I have tried 2 newer anti-virus/spam/ firewall whatever (Shaw Secure , Telus eProtect) recently.

Anyways for what ever reason I can not FTP to the 3 different web servers properly anymore. An example is if I edit a page like web.config in Dreamweaver then use the built in ftp client to upload my page to the server it writes a blank page to the server. THIS IS WHAT I SUSPECT MAY BE HAPPENING TO YOU!

To find out if this is the case rename your local web.config to something like web.config.BAK and download your web server copy open it and make sure it contains information.

If it is blank it explains all.

If it is blank why? I don't know does anyone else?

My work around has been to use the built in file manager from my web host or VPS, it seems to upload a file or let me directly edit them.

Anyways while this may not be your issue it may help someone.
Jan 4, 2008 at 6:58 PM
The problem with writing blank pages to the server is that the FTP tool you use uses a port on your computer that is being protected by the firewall. Some antivirus or windows defender might not let that port be used. I fixed this problem on my Vista Ultimate (which I also like) by writing down the port that the FTP tool was using, then going to the McAfee settings and making sure that port was available for both upload and download. I try closing the port again after an upload/download session, which I do once a month or so, just to make sure nothing bad happens to my new machine. Hope this helps.