Ajax & .net3.5 for 1.2?

Dec 10, 2007 at 4:58 AM
Any chance 1.2 will be ajaxed... "out of the box"... in .net 3.5 config?

Or.. how about two versions?-- one for .net 2.0 and one for 3.5?

Wishing :-)

D
Coordinator
Dec 11, 2007 at 8:39 PM
Agree. Visual Studio 2008 and .NET 3.5 certainly set the stage for Ajax 'out of the box' in MWPSK. And then we could offer two versions in order to not depend too much on the availability of .NET 3.5 hosting.

But not yet in 1.2. I'm considering this for the future. May be 2.0 somewhere in Summer 2008, unless someone from the community steps up and starts to create this next generation. I simply don't have the funding right now for additional development.

Urs
Dec 11, 2007 at 10:41 PM
Edited Dec 11, 2007 at 10:45 PM

Thanks for your reply!

I would be glad to step-up and help if I had the "tech chops"... I can manage to make things work, but, doesn't always mean it's correct.. :-P

I'd tinkered and ajaxed a 2.0 install-- the user experience was perfect. I'm now on 3.5 and, while all-else works as expected, I haven't yet tried to ajax it.

FWIW- I'm really excited about this app and look forward to seeing it evolve. I had been working on my own "simple" cms that used xml data... finding this was a joy. Love the simplicity... Great potential!

I hope to contribute what I can.. probably in the form of extended sections!? I bet someone will give this a go.

D
Dec 14, 2007 at 12:19 AM
Edited Dec 14, 2007 at 12:19 AM
Hello,

regarding quoted post, do you mean it would be acceptable to build and publish a (somewhat) extended version of MWPSK? I'm asking because I had your project "ajaxed" and running since many many months and my custom sections always use AJAX. So I thought I could publish some of those but I put them on hold because of MWPSK not offically supporting AJAX yet. I have a couple of portals running on .NET 3.5 as well with no problems at all. Could we discuss about releasing an AJAXed version of MWPSK?

Best regards.

ursmueller wrote:
Agree. Visual Studio 2008 and .NET 3.5 certainly set the stage for Ajax 'out of the box' in MWPSK. And then we could offer two versions in order to not depend too much on the availability of .NET 3.5 hosting.

But not yet in 1.2. I'm considering this for the future. May be 2.0 somewhere in Summer 2008, unless someone from the community steps up and starts to create this next generation. I simply don't have the funding right now for additional development.

Urs