Error about the App_data - 1st start problems - Login?

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Sep 24, 2007 at 10:55 PM
Hello, I receive the following error when starting the MWPSK for the 1st time. I emptied already the content under this folder, but unfortunately no result. What goes wrong here?

This is what I did.
- Copied everything from the ZIP to my directory under wwwroot
- Created from this Directory an application in IIS, because otherwise I had already a message error that this could be the cause of the error.
- In Visual Studio 2005 I opened the website and hit F5, then I receive an error that debugging is not allowd, then I hit CTRL+F5.
- VS2005 built the webapp successfully and showed me default.aspx with the error as under this text
- When I start with login.aspx then I see a nice page, but admin and admin are not the right credentials, it says.

What is going wrong here? Machine.config?

Hope that somebody can help me!
Thanks in advance.

Arjan.

'-----Error-----------
Could not find a part of the path 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\MyApp\App_Data\Pages\.config'.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\MyApp\App_Data\Pages\.config'. (-->THIS IS TRUE, BECAUSE 1st time the dir is empty!)

Source Error:

Line 52: //if nothing was found in the cache, the data must be loaded from the disk
Line 53: //load and deserialize the data from the filesystem
Line 54: using (FileStream reader = File.Open(_path, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read, FileShare.ReadWrite))
Line 55: {
Line 56: XmlSerializer serializer = new XmlSerializer(typeof(T));

Source File: c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\MyApp\App_Code\Persistable.cs Line: 54

Stack Trace:

DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\MyApp\App_Data\Pages\.config'.
System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) +1971376
----etc.
Sep 27, 2007 at 9:47 PM
With everybody it starts perfect the 1st time? I hope somebody can give me some information. I really want to use this CMS. It looks very nice and it's exactly what I'm looking for.

The developer can give me some info please?!
Thanks in advance.

AJ
Sep 28, 2007 at 7:09 PM
Edited Sep 28, 2007 at 7:09 PM
See my other posting for another member for some more information: http://www.codeplex.com/MyWebPagesStarterKit/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=3534&ANCHOR#Post51030