Active Directory Integration

Topics: Developer Forum
Aug 31, 2007 at 12:14 AM
I would like to be able to authenticate my users against an Active Directory but I'm not sure how to integrate that without breaking the administration part of the MWPSK. Has anyone done this integration and/or can anyone offer any suggestions as to how I should proceed with this?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Mar 10, 2008 at 3:32 AM
Edited Mar 10, 2008 at 3:33 AM
I would also like to use this as an intranet site and use Active Directory. Anyone have any advice?

MikeG wrote:
I would like to be able to authenticate my users against an Active Directory but I'm not sure how to integrate that without breaking the administration part of the MWPSK. Has anyone done this integration and/or can anyone offer any suggestions as to how I should proceed with this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jul 7, 2008 at 6:46 PM
Hi, I also would to authenticate users against an Active Directory. Was someone able to do it?
Thanks. 
Jul 10, 2008 at 7:13 PM
You can change the xmlMemebrship provider in the web.config to an AD membership provider

this should take care of things for you.

for more info

www.asp.net/learn/security
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.security.activedirectorymembershipprovider.aspx

if you need to add some code o all pages to handle your own memebrship/role logic you can add it to

app_code/controls/pagebaseclass.cs all the pages in the site inherit this page