Sitemap node defaulting to Home

Topics: Developer Forum
Jun 13, 2007 at 6:10 PM
Hi Folks,
First of all, Cool Starter Kit!!! Great for beginner learning ASP.NET!!! I tried creating an easy control, put the easy control on a submenu page. Created an asp button inside it. When i click the menu item, breadcrumbs display correct path "Node>Submenu" But whenever the page is being submitted by clicking the button, the pageid is somehow being redirected to home page all the time, breadcrumbs now display "Home" even if the contents being displayed on the page is from the SubMenu page. Tried debugging but no luck. Is this a bug or just default behavior of user control inside easycontrol user control?
Coordinator
Jun 14, 2007 at 11:16 AM
Hello,
would it be possible to send us your easycontrol ? You could send it to: info@mwpsk.com

Thanks and best regards,
webeasy
Jun 14, 2007 at 4:31 PM

webeasy wrote:
Hello,
would it be possible to send us your easycontrol ? You could send it to: info@mwpsk.com

Thanks and best regards,
webeasy

Thanks for the interest. I was able to isolate the problem now. although there are still some question, but my problem was caused by old data that were not deleted. What I did to isolate the problem was copy all the contents of App_Data folder from a clean starter kit to my working folder and plugged my new easy control and the problem did not happen anymore. The question I have now is that why is that when you use the administration to delete existing pages, they are not being physically deleted from the source?
Coordinator
Jun 15, 2007 at 9:27 AM
Hello,
when a page is deleted in the MWPST, the concerning content in the App_Data folder is deleted as well. Because there have been several bugs in older versions, it may be possible that the content was not in all cases updated correctly.
One bug was, e.g. after moving sections from one page to another, the sidebar did not update correctly.

The next version 1.1.2 Final contains the fixes for this bugs. It should be published in the next days ..

Best regards,
webeasy