2 language site

Topics: Developer Forum, Localization Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Mar 25, 2007 at 4:58 PM
Hello,

Any idea on how to have a 2 language site? I would not like to have to redo everything, just the text and page titles. Of course, one could always make 2 separate sites, but it's not very convenient.
Coordinator
Mar 26, 2007 at 12:02 PM
Hello
the actual version of the Starter Kit does not accept a multi language mode. So its up to you, if you like to implement a multi language mode in your application.
The easiest way to do that, is to add the appropriate language buttons/links in the skin files.
(e.g. <cc3:Language runat="Server" id="LanguageLink" />)
Of course this would only change the language of the page controls/properties, but not the content of your controls.
For that you would have to implement on each relevant control an individual persistency mechanisme, which would save and get the appropriate language of the control (stored seperately in App_Data)
E.g. you could save the different languages in the same file or you could create for each language a new file with the ending: _languagecode.config
it's up to you !
Maybe there is already a solution out in the net ...

Best regards,
webeasy
Apr 5, 2007 at 10:50 AM
Thanks,

My concern is only the content and not the user interface. So only page titles and page content. This would affect the sitemap and other mechanisms...
Coordinator
Apr 16, 2007 at 11:30 AM
Hi,

Here you can find an example of a site that has implemented what you are looking for: http://www.stermasi.hr/.

Urs
Coordinator
Apr 24, 2007 at 10:05 AM
Edited Apr 24, 2007 at 10:05 AM
Hello mfrimu,
have a look at the closed item feature:
http://www.codeplex.com/MyWebPagesStarterKit/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=8239

Best regards,
webeasy
Oct 15, 2010 at 2:20 PM

Hello Usermuller this is very nice example and Mljet Iland is my prefered holiday place but.... ho to implement this.... could you please send some code examples or module were to implements changes?

Thanks

Nov 2, 2010 at 7:26 PM
Edited Apr 5, 2011 at 5:18 PM

Hello

I am a programmer analyst with 15 years of experience (C++, JAVA, c#).
I add MWPSK functionality to handle several languages. For the management of several language should only modify the Web.config. I would like if possible can submit changes I made to MWPSK.

Is not possible i add to issue tracker because the max file attache is 4 mg and MFWSK in zip is 25 mg.

I add my version of MWPSK Multi-Language based on version 1.3.2 in patch section ID: 9039. I expect you appreciate.

sorry for my english.

Dec 14, 2010 at 8:56 AM

To Lui666,

Please upload to 'Issue Tracker'. Even there are some ideas there, you can share and your code may be better. I try to find a good code as well.

Thank you very much in advance.