This project is read-only.

Imagehandler / Watermark

Jan 8, 2010 at 7:05 PM

Does anyone have or know of a modification to the image handler to allow it on gallery pages to add a water mark to images.

Basically my dad wants a site for his photography. I decided to use the My Web Pages kit as it means it will be easy for him to manage, but he wants to add a watermark onto his photos so that people cant steal them and use them for themselves.

Jan 9, 2010 at 1:55 PM
Edited Jan 9, 2010 at 1:56 PM

I use PICASA from Google for manage my picture. Picasa has many tools to change the properties for the picture.

Link to picasa: http://picasa.google.com

You can select the picture and then export the selection. In the export dialog you can change the size for the picture and put in a string as watermark.

best regards

Markus

Jan 9, 2010 at 4:48 PM

what i really wanted was a way of getting pictures on upload to a gallery to have a watermark added. that way they wouldnt have to be added manually.

Jan 9, 2010 at 5:10 PM

That shouldn't be a big problem...

• open sectionControls/gallery.ascx.cs
  • search for "objUpload.FilePosted.SaveAs(path);"
  • use google and search for a watermakr-Snippet
  • insert it at this place.
Jan 9, 2010 at 5:16 PM

whats the full code i would need to have it upload for example a picture called "picture.jpeg"

merge it with "watermark.jpeg"

and save the new picture in the folder it normally would as "picture.jpeg"

Jan 9, 2010 at 9:30 PM
Edited Jan 15, 2010 at 3:28 PM

Sorry for the long post but I find this very usefull for your exact requirements.

It inserts a copyright image to the Current Image using transparency and can include text.

A demonstration of one use for watermarking can be seen here. You should also note that you should not be able to download the original image from the site unless it has been set as Downlable! A security feature I also added to the kit..

Any Images saved using the mouse or found in the cache all contain the watermark..

The text should automatically resize to fit centrally in the image at the footer.

The opacity can be set for either.

If you have any trouble let me know as we have a lot of Extension methods and so on.

MOVED CODE TO PROJECT, It will be available soon as I am cleaning it up and making it available to all..

In the mean time if you did not capture this code in time and i have not posted the link to the new project and your keen to get watermarking please email me as I have this and many other Water Marking options.