Problems upgrading from 1.3.0 Beta to 1.3.0

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Jan 2, 2010 at 12:26 AM

I have a working site in 1.3.0 beta.  I created a site with the new 1.3.0 production code, then copied in my App_Data folder and my custom theme folder.  Lots of problems...

The big issue I have now is that it can't seem to read the info from the WebSite.config file.  When I go to the CMS Setup page, none of my previous entries are there.  If I enter and save anything on this page, then it wipes out my Web.Sitemap file and I lose all the menu items I had.  The page data is still there, but the menu doesn't show them anymore.  This is a big problem.  Any ideas?

Jan 2, 2010 at 12:51 AM
SDDP wrote:

I have a working site in 1.3.0 beta.  I created a site with the new 1.3.0 production code, then copied in my App_Data folder and my custom theme folder.  Lots of problems...

The big issue I have now is that it can't seem to read the info from the WebSite.config file.  When I go to the CMS Setup page, none of my previous entries are there.  If I enter and save anything on this page, then it wipes out my Web.Sitemap file and I lose all the menu items I had.  The page data is still there, but the menu doesn't show them anymore.  This is a big problem.  Any ideas?

Update:  I shut down the browser, re-copied the entire App_Data folder, then, opened the root web.config file in Notepad and saved it.  This causes the ASP.Net application to restart.  Then when I opened the site again, it worked, and it was able to read and save in CMS Setup.  I am guessing that there is some application level variables or cache that needed to get cleared out.  I think this area needs work though.

Next issue, the Silverlight gallery app. can read the title and comments for the pics, but does not display the pics themselves.

Jan 2, 2010 at 9:08 AM
Edited Jan 2, 2010 at 9:14 AM

Hello

Look at Silverlight Galery blank: Dated  dec. 20. 2009

Richard