Help, Is there View In Menu limit in the amount of hidden pages?

Topics: Developer Forum, Localization Forum, User Forum
Dec 11, 2009 at 4:14 PM

Hi,

I used the View In Menu extension for a clients site. I was able to hide links for a portion of pages that needed to be hidden. I've created an additional number of pages that I needed hidden but now suddenly the View In Menu option is not working. I want to hide 24 pages to be exact and it will not hide these additional pages. If you send me a message I can send you the link to the site so you can see what I'm talking about.

If anyone can help me figure this out I would appreciate it. Right now I'm a bit baffled by it. Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks

Dec 11, 2009 at 9:09 PM

Also I want to add that there are 24 pages each of the pages are subpages with an additional subpage

So the structure would be for each of the months

News & Events

January (Hidden)

January Events (Hidden)

Thanks

Dec 14, 2009 at 7:01 PM

Have you downloaded any extensions that contains the "ViewInMenu" option? I don't think there is this option in the original MWPSK.

//Rickard

Dec 23, 2009 at 4:01 PM

Hi Rickard,

Yes I just did. Actually I realized while trying to hide multiple subpages that the only way to do this is to make all the subpages into main pages and then use the View In Menu option. It worked after doing that. I realize now for future reference and if anyone else has this issue they will have to do the same.

Thanks for responding!

Dec 23, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Hi UptownGirl27

I wrote the ViewInMenu option, and there's a CustomSiteMapDatSource that do the thing you just mention. Let me know if you can't find it.
You can also take a look at my new test website, http://mwpsk.enterprisesoft.se where many new features are added. (Also a hide page option.)

Regards //Rickard