This project is read-only.

Upgrading MWPSK CMS to any version

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Oct 12, 2009 at 2:24 PM

Hey Guys,

I would like to comment you guys on a fantastic cms, I have tried a few and until now haven't found another that is as user friendly as this one.

I have searched the web and found multiple version of MWPSK available out there. Of which I obviously used one of these already to build my website www.fruithosting.com. I then found the codeplex website (I wish I had done this first) anyway. I love all the new features you have added e.g. twitter and ie 8 changes.

My question is, How do I upgrade my current website with these upgrades without loosing all the work already done so far.

Regards,

Lance

Oct 13, 2009 at 2:15 PM
lancespurgeon wrote:

My question is, How do I upgrade my current website with these upgrades without loosing all the work already done so far. 

Lance --

Here is my guess, and I am not an expert.

Having said that, here is some basic advice.

If you have done everything "by the book", then only the folder "App_Data" and the folder "EasyControls" will have custom data that you have created.

If you customized a theme, then try to move it over too-- but, AFAIK, themes may not be compatible across  versions of Mwpsk.

Move those and put them with the latest-and-greatest code base and then you should be more or less all-set.

You should, of course, test this on your machine before doing it in production.

HTH.

Thank you.

-- Mark Kamoski

Oct 19, 2009 at 1:29 AM

You have probably already thought about this, but be sure to back up your current website files before starting the upgrade, just in case something goes wrong & you want to restore the previous version.