create themes?

Sep 3, 2009 at 9:25 PM

How i can create themes for cms Version: 1.1.4? thanks.

please show me by pictures.

Sep 7, 2009 at 4:06 PM

Hello,

First, in order to create or modify an existing theme you must have some knowledge of HTML/CSS. There is no way for us to demonstrate here with pictures how to learn this. There are however many sites and tutorials you can use to learn with. You may download Visual Web Developer from Microsoft or purchase Microsoft Expression Web to name a couple. They both have documentation on how to learn web basics such as HTML and CSS. You may also teach yourself using the old fashioned brute force method. Open MWPSK in an HTML Editor like the either of the 2 mentioned above. Goto the App_Themes Folder and Open it. There you will see a folder with the name of each theme that comes with the MWPSK download. Find an existing theme that most closely resembles your desired layout and such. Copy that folder and Rename it. The contents inside this folder you then edit to get the desired look and feel for you theme. Then select your theme from the list in the CMS Setup under Administration.

I hope this helps.

There is also additional resources located: http://mywebpagesstarterkit.codeplex.com/Wiki/View.aspx?title=How%20To%3f&referringTitle=Home 

Regards,

TJ Havens