Web Pages Without Menu Item Associations

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Jul 10, 2009 at 4:40 PM

Hello Folks,

There are time when I want to have a web page that is not associated with and menu item.

I have found a way to accomplish this feat without mucking with the menu system.

I simply use session variables, a panel control and user controls.  The session variable serves as trigger mechanism for the driver user control.  Based on the value of the trigger other user controls are instantiated and loaded.

This approach achieves the overall desired effect having web pages which are not associated to menus.

Just thinking aloud a new section (subsequently sections) could be created to implement these features.

I am willing to provide code samples if anyone is interested.  Hit me back and let me know what you think!

Sincerely,
Arch Brooks

Jul 16, 2009 at 4:35 PM

Hello,

I understand what you want. But why not, just uncheck "Visible in Menu" and then just link to that page from anywhere. I have done this on my site, www.TJNetworksInc.com, look at the footer, those pages are all manged the same way, just no visible in the menu, I made a footer control with those links. Hmm, just wondering.

TJ Havens

Jul 16, 2009 at 4:45 PM

Hello TJ,

I am relatively new to MWPSK and had not experienced the technique you mention.  This level of solution makes life simpler.  I do not have the time it takes to explore all the idiosyncrasies of MWPSK.  That is why I posted this inquiry.  Thanks for you’re your insight and response.

Sincerely,
Arch Brooks

Jul 18, 2009 at 1:33 AM

Arch,

Also, take a look at this version of MWPSK, http://mwpsk.enterprisesoft.se, it is developed by a friend of mine name Rickard. It has addtional extensions not found in the original MWPSK, he is also developing a SQL version with new features.

TJ Havens

Jul 18, 2009 at 5:09 PM

Hello TJ,

I visited the site and was impressed.  I attempted to join only receive an error.  It seems the site’s mailbox may be full at this time.

I did want to communicate with Rickard.

Sincerely,
Arch Brooks

Jul 18, 2009 at 5:37 PM

Arch,

I'll be happy to add you. Please email me at mwpsk@tjnetworksinc.com with the username and email you want to use, I will create an account for you.

Regards,
TJ Havens