ThemeGenerator errors

Topics: Developer Forum
Mar 14, 2009 at 5:50 PM
Hi,
Using the theme generator tool (both the compiled & src version - v1.0.1) causes errors to be raised on start-up.

As far as I can tell, the errors are related to the Cassini module, (a security exception, by the look of it) - is there anything configuration-wise I need to do to get this working?  With tweaking, I can get it to run upto the "Generating Preview" bit, just after choosing to create a "new Project".  However, it crashes at this point.

I'm on Vista Ultimate (x86), if that helps, although I've tried ruinning as Admin, etc...

Additionally, the src code has several compilation errors upon opening - The ThemeGenerator.code namespaces aren't recognised in the main XAML app, plus there's some error regarding certificates...

I can, if required, post more detail regarding errors - just wanted to see if there was something dead obvious I was missing.

TIA for any help.

Jim.

Mar 15, 2009 at 1:17 AM
Fixed - I added CassiniLight to the GAC, recompiled with new reference, and this seemd to work.

Couldn't get CassiniLight to work stand-alone though.

Jim.
Apr 3, 2009 at 2:06 PM
Edited Apr 3, 2009 at 2:08 PM
I also cannot get TG Source to build/compile.. Binary TG works fine but I'd like to be able to tweak the source a bit.
Are these the same 17 errors you got?
-------------------------------------
Error 1 Unable to find manifest signing certificate in the certificate store. ThemeGenerator
Error 2 Unknown build error, 'Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\F\U\MyPersonalWebPagesStarterKit\ThemeGenerator_1.0.1_Source\MWPSK TG Source\ThemeGenerator\obj\Debug\ThemeGenerator.exe' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. Line 5 Position 5.'  C:\F\U\MyPersonalWebPagesStarterKit\ThemeGenerator_1.0.1_Source\MWPSK TG Source\ThemeGenerator\App.xaml 5 5 ThemeGenerator
Error 3 Unknown build error, 'Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\F\U\MyPersonalWebPagesStarterKit\ThemeGenerator_1.0.1_Source\MWPSK TG Source\ThemeGenerator\obj\Debug\ThemeGenerator.exe' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. Line 23 Position 34.'  C:\F\U\MyPersonalWebPagesStarterKit\ThemeGenerator_1.0.1_Source\MWPSK TG Source\ThemeGenerator\Controls\AreaDisplay.xaml 23 34 ThemeGenerator
Error 4 Unknown build error, 'Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\F\U\MyPersonalWebPagesStarterKit\ThemeGenerator_1.0.1_Source\MWPSK TG Source\ThemeGenerator\obj\Debug\ThemeGenerator.exe' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. Line 9 Position 5.'  C:\F\U\MyPersonalWebPagesStarterKit\ThemeGenerator_1.0.1_Source\MWPSK TG Source\ThemeGenerator\Controls\AreaSettings.xaml 9 5 ThemeGenerator
Error 5 The tag 'ButtonImageSelector' does not exist in XML namespace 'clr-namespace:ThemeGenerator.Controls.DataInput'. Line 13 Position 16. C:\F\U\MyPersonalWebPagesStarterKit\ThemeGenerator_1.0.1_Source\MWPSK TG Source\ThemeGenerator\Controls\ButtonEditor.xaml 13 16 ThemeGenerator
Error 6 Unknown build error, 'Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\F\U\MyPersonalWebPagesStarterKit\ThemeGenerator_1.0.1_Source\MWPSK TG Source\ThemeGenerator\obj\Debug\ThemeGenerator.exe' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. Line 5 Position 5.'  C:\F\U\MyPersonalWebPagesStarterKit\ThemeGenerator_1.0.1_Source\MWPSK TG Source\ThemeGenerator\Controls\DataInput\ButtonImageSelector.xaml 5 5 ThemeGenerator
Error 7 Unknown build error, 'Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\F\U\MyPersonalWebPagesStarterKit\ThemeGenerator_1.0.1_Source\MWPSK TG Source\ThemeGenerator\obj\Debug\ThemeGenerator.exe' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. Line 6 Position 5.'  C:\F\U\MyPersonalWebPagesStarterKit\ThemeGenerator_1.0.1_Source\MWPSK TG Source\ThemeGenerator\Controls\DataInput\ColorSelector.xaml 6 5 ThemeGenerator
Error 8 Unknown build error, 'Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\F\U\MyPersonalWebPagesStarterKit\ThemeGenerator_1.0.1_Source\MWPSK TG Source\ThemeGenerator\obj\Debug\ThemeGenerator.exe' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. Line 5 Position 5.'  C:\F\U\MyPersonalWebPagesStarterKit\ThemeGenerator_1.0.1_Source\MWPSK TG Source\ThemeGenerator\Controls\DataInput\ImageSelector.xaml 5 5 ThemeGenerator
Error 9 Unknown build error, 'Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\F\U\MyPersonalWebPagesStarterKit\ThemeGenerator_1.0.1_Source\MWPSK TG Source\ThemeGenerator\obj\Debug\ThemeGenerator.exe' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. Line 5 Position 5.'  C:\F\U\MyPersonalWebPagesStarterKit\ThemeGenerator_1.0.1_Source\MWPSK TG Source\ThemeGenerator\Controls\DataInput\MarginEditor.xaml 5 5 ThemeGenerator
Error 10 Unknown build error, 'Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\F\U\MyPersonalWebPagesStarterKit\ThemeGenerator_1.0.1_Source\MWPSK TG Source\ThemeGenerator\obj\Debug\ThemeGenerator.exe' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. Line 5 Position 5.'  C:\F\U\MyPersonalWebPagesStarterKit\ThemeGenerator_1.0.1_Source\MWPSK TG Source\ThemeGenerator\Controls\DataInput\PaddingEditor.xaml 5 5 ThemeGenerator
Error 11 Unknown build error, 'Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\F\U\MyPersonalWebPagesStarterKit\ThemeGenerator_1.0.1_Source\MWPSK TG Source\ThemeGenerator\obj\Debug\ThemeGenerator.exe' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. Line 5 Position 5.'  C:\F\U\MyPersonalWebPagesStarterKit\ThemeGenerator_1.0.1_Source\MWPSK TG Source\ThemeGenerator\Controls\DataInput\UnitEditor.xaml 5 5 ThemeGenerator
Error 12 Unknown build error, 'Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\F\U\MyPersonalWebPagesStarterKit\ThemeGenerator_1.0.1_Source\MWPSK TG Source\ThemeGenerator\obj\Debug\ThemeGenerator.exe' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. Line 9 Position 37.'  C:\F\U\MyPersonalWebPagesStarterKit\ThemeGenerator_1.0.1_Source\MWPSK TG Source\ThemeGenerator\Controls\MainMenu.xaml 9 37 ThemeGenerator
Error 13 Unknown build error, 'Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\F\U\MyPersonalWebPagesStarterKit\ThemeGenerator_1.0.1_Source\MWPSK TG Source\ThemeGenerator\obj\Debug\ThemeGenerator.exe' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. Line 18 Position 74.'  C:\F\U\MyPersonalWebPagesStarterKit\ThemeGenerator_1.0.1_Source\MWPSK TG Source\ThemeGenerator\EditButtons.xaml 18 74 ThemeGenerator
Error 14 '{code:LocalizedText MainWindowTitle}' value is not a valid MarkupExtension expression. Cannot resolve 'LocalizedText' in namespace 'clr-namespace:ThemeGenerator.Code'. 'LocalizedText' must be a subclass of MarkupExtension. Line 9 Position 5. C:\F\U\MyPersonalWebPagesStarterKit\ThemeGenerator_1.0.1_Source\MWPSK TG Source\ThemeGenerator\MainWindow.xaml 9 5 ThemeGenerator
Error 15 The tag 'EditTemplateSelector' does not exist in XML namespace 'clr-namespace:ThemeGenerator.Controls.DataInput'. Line 8 Position 4. C:\F\U\MyPersonalWebPagesStarterKit\ThemeGenerator_1.0.1_Source\MWPSK TG Source\ThemeGenerator\EditTemplates.xaml 8 4 ThemeGenerator
Error 16 '{code:LocalizedText NewProjectWindowTitle}' value is not a valid MarkupExtension expression. Cannot resolve 'LocalizedText' in namespace 'clr-namespace:ThemeGenerator.Code'. 'LocalizedText' must be a subclass of MarkupExtension. Line 6 Position 5. C:\F\U\MyPersonalWebPagesStarterKit\ThemeGenerator_1.0.1_Source\MWPSK TG Source\ThemeGenerator\NewProjectDialog.xaml 6 5 ThemeGenerator
Error 17 Assembly 'ThemeGenerator' was not found. Verify that you are not missing an assembly reference. Also, verify that your project and all referenced assemblies have been built. C:\F\U\MyPersonalWebPagesStarterKit\ThemeGenerator_1.0.1_Source\MWPSK TG Source\ThemeGenerator\Controls\AreaDisplay.xaml 4 16 ThemeGenerator
Apr 3, 2009 at 4:58 PM
Yes - this looks similar.

I found i could get rid of the tag errors by going into the source files and changing the tag, (eg add a space, delete space).  This seemed to clear the tag errors up - not sure why though...

The certificate error, iirc, is related to the CassiniLight module, and was why I ended up strong-name compiling it and adding it to the GAC.

After this, it all worked.

Jim.
Apr 5, 2009 at 9:01 PM
Edited Apr 6, 2009 at 8:28 PM
even don't know what to say. I got a number of errors, some of them were caused  wrong references to 'code:LocalizedText' instead of 'code:LocalizedTextExtension',
Then I fixed this issue everywhere. But at end fall into next:

Error 16 '{code:LocalizedTextExtension NewProjectWindowTitle}' value is not a valid MarkupExtension expression. Cannot resolve 'LocalizedTextExtension' in namespace 'clr-namespace:ThemeGenerator.Code'. 'LocalizedTextExtension' must be a subclass of MarkupExtension. Line 6 Position 5. E:\yurii\Projects\personal\softlab.in.ua\ThemeGenerator\ThemeGenerator\NewProjectDialog.xaml 6 5 ThemeGenerator

but 'LocalizedTextExtension' already subclass of MarkupExtension. Lools like compiler's roof are went away:(