What would you like to see in the next version?

Topics: Developer Forum, Localization Forum, User Forum
Coordinator
Feb 6, 2009 at 8:53 AM
Hi...

as you might have noticed, it has been quite a while since the last version of the My Web Pages Starter Kit came out and we're currently thinking about the next version endeed. What are things that we should add, what are functionalities that need further development?

This is where we would love to hear your opinion! Is there anything that you'ld ike to see in the next version of the MWPSK? Tell us about it! Just reply in this discussion thread and let us know!

Best,
Dirk

Feb 6, 2009 at 9:51 AM
Wow, that's easy, I thought you'd never ask, how about you start with:

Integrated e-commerce (shop, with products, real-time transactions and support for PayPal).
Integrated spell-checker in the editor.
Integrated mass mailer (okay 50 at a time then), so that Enewsletters can be created and maintained inhouse)

I've got more, but see how you go with those :-)
Regards

Tailwag
Feb 6, 2009 at 1:18 PM
Add member regitration to allow members to register on the site and add the ability to add additional roles to the user management screen.
Feb 6, 2009 at 1:28 PM
Nice Pqkdave, throw in a forum and chat room ready to go and you have the ultimate website package, nothing more to add. it's really simple, think of the best website and then duplicate all it's features in a menu when you simply point and click and add complete modules, similar to what we already do. If you don't want the forum, you don't click it. If you are worried that all the extra components will blow the size of the download out of the water, who cares, everyone would trade functionality for download size. Besides, you could design an 'A' and 'B' download, the 'A' could be the cut-down version similar to what we have now, and the 'B' could be everything, and to heck with how big it is and how long it takes to download.
Feb 6, 2009 at 10:43 PM

If possible it would be nice to have:
     a video Gallery area that to we could upload videos or even possible FTP videos, since some might get timed out if that are to big.   
    Forum would be cool,
    The ability to have a Anonymous only so you can hide some links for registered users ie "Requesting Access."  
    A role that allows user to upload items but not add or remove sections.

BTW:
Vary nice app,

Feb 7, 2009 at 5:25 PM
Easy question. Enhance the Silverlight implementation and follow the Silverlight roadmap with supporting features. I believe this is the way to the future and using your expertise, we can all get up to speed.
Feb 7, 2009 at 6:55 PM
Edited Feb 7, 2009 at 6:56 PM
Definitely moderated forums, video gallery and chat functionality - extensible
Coordinator
Feb 7, 2009 at 9:34 PM

- Replace FCK to other control - maybe FreeTextBox
- Forum (moderated)
- new Silverlight image gallery
- video/music gallery with Silverlight player
- DataGrid from Access or other file
- Change import picture functionality - today on weak networks TimeOuts
- Picture gallery with automatic preview file
- picture gallery upload multiple files
- All media file to upload in RichTextBox
- Copy sections  -possibility to copy more than one section
- new captcha
- repair some code-behind

regards, ArturZ

Feb 10, 2009 at 3:54 AM
Flexible role management.
Flexible layout management, multicolumn, etc.

I know there are some solutions about this, but some times is hard to implement them, so it will be nice to have this in the official release.

I will be nice too if you guys can consolidate all the "hacks" other programmers are working on, in just one release.

regards,

Mauricio

Feb 10, 2009 at 8:01 PM
Hello,

Well, I am truly happy with this application. My suggestions are below, I believe these are reasonable.
    1. Role Manger - Ability to create and edit roles, assign users to roles, assign roles to sections and/or pages.
    2. Would love to see the Product Section, IsOnline, and Copy Page modules from http://mwpsk.mwpcms.se/extensions.aspx 

Thanks,
TJ Havens

Coordinator
Feb 13, 2009 at 10:30 AM
Hi...

thank you folks for all your answers so far!
To sum it up, it pretty much looks to me as if most of you would like to see a forum module and further development on the picture gallery (and - because of the similarity - I add a video gallery here as well...). Also a chat module had been mentioned a few times.

A few ideas that came to my mind as well (and I'ld love to hear an opinion about):
- a set of Silverlight based UI Controls, e.g. for navigation and such
- integration of social web platforms such as twitter, facebook... ?
- modules to integrate functionalities from live.com such as calendar etc...
- Coming to the chat module: Would it be alternatively interesting to integrate the messenger as a common IM platform instead of implementing a chat module? That way you could combine that with your presence info etc... ?

What do you think?

Best,
Dirk

Feb 13, 2009 at 3:01 PM
Hello,

Yes, I would like to see a media gallery with enhancements to the existing picture gallery - specifically the silverlight version of it and it's slide show capabilities as well as the incorporation of the existing Video extension and enhancements to it.

As for Silverlight -- yes -- the more UI Controls, the better. A Silverlight UI control to display counters for page hits and downloads would be neat.

Any and all additional extentions to this excellent CMS is welcome and desired. the more options and flexibility the better.

I would like to see a change to the code in which a lot of us are having to currently do manually and that is to not change the link when a new page is entered in the pages and nav to the menu when it references an outside the CMS site. In other words, it begins with "http" or "https" and/or ends with "htm" or "html". Under the current version when you enter a link such as this it will rename it and as a result will break the application from displaying in the browser.

Lastly, I would like to see incoporated and advanced some of the outstanding extensions already listed on this site, such as the backups (only give it the ability to delete the backup off of the server after successful download) and the ability to change the page theme at the individual page level and the download counter. Also, the ability to add content (both text and/or images) at the least, above and below the side menu.

Thanks for all the outstanding work already done on this project, including even the excellent documenation,
Doug
Feb 13, 2009 at 11:13 PM
MWPSK is an excellent product.  It fills the niche between a simple code-it-yourself website and complex CMS's like DotNetNuke (DNN) and SharePoint.

I had two problems with 1.2.2 that should be fixed in the next version:

1. Update FCKEditor to the latest version.  The version included with 1.2.2 couldn't create correct URLs for <a> tags.  I had to upgrade to the latest version to get that to work.
  2. Add a file handler.  The current ImageHandler.ashx doesn't correctly handle downloading non-image files, like PDFs.  I integrated the FileHandler.ashx code provided by ricap into my web site and it works great.

What I would not like to see are large and/or numerous features that turn MWPSK into something resembling DNN.  They're both great systems.  MWPSK is small, easy to use and manageable, and I'd like to see it stay that way.  More powerful CMS's like DNN are larger and more complex.  Adding too many features to MWPSK risks turning it into "DNN Jr.".  After all, DNN evolved from a Microsoft starter kit, and look at the monster it's become today.

Instead of adding every possible feature to MWPSK, I suggest building some kind of data porting utility - a separate application that could take data from MWPSK and port it to a DNN or SharePoint site.  If a user outgrows MWPSK, they could easily port their data to a more powerful CMS.

Chris R. Timmons
Feb 18, 2009 at 5:53 PM
Edited Feb 18, 2009 at 7:27 PM
IMHO its pretty simple
1: Add a Forum
2: Add Polls
3: Add a banner rotator
4: Enhance membership roles
5: Enhanced Links pages, and Paging thereof

Plain and simple this is already one of the best CMS's out there if it had forums and link tracking it would IMHO blow even DNN out of the water
Feb 21, 2009 at 11:47 PM
  1. Documentation
  2. Documentation
  3. Documentation

The code and the way it functions is not documented well at all. Coming back to it after needing to work on something else requires having to learn it all over again.
Feb 23, 2009 at 6:48 AM
Edited Feb 23, 2009 at 7:22 AM
I too am very impressed with MWPSK and its flexibility. Great job to all.

I would have to agree with metro, "documentation". I have been working with open source projects for several years and documentation has been the worst component of the projects. There has been some good improvements over the past couple of years, but developers just don't seem to get it. Not everyone using their products have a solid dev background and writing vague, non-illustrated documents/forum threads helps paint the right picture. Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate their efforts and that of the community. I just believe a products like MWPSK and the like could get a much bigger following if easier to deploy and develop. A suggestion I would like to recommend is incorporating a standardize way for community participants to submit code modifications. The most easiest mods I have implemented were when they are accompanied by detailed how-to files and/or easily identified code modifications comments. If you standardize the mods submissions, there may be a way to streamline the upgrade process without manully re-entering other code mods.

- better commenting of CSS files
- adding external links to menu
- granular page/section permissions
- a better WYSIWYG text editor
- a better WYSIWYG template editor (w/docs & new templates)
- multimedia audio/video player (silverlight/flash)
- more options for setting global properties (ex: date/time format, language translations)
Feb 27, 2009 at 2:43 PM
Edited Feb 27, 2009 at 2:49 PM
1.    very nice work!

2.   First on my list is the ability to assign users to a usergroup.
      Not only administrators, powerusers or anonymous, but also usergroeps i can create myself.
      Why usergroups? this is the second part. i want to assign a module/page to a usergroup or user. So it is only visible if
      the loggedin user belongs to the assigned groep
      (it is something like the present function of making a page/module invisible).

3   A large change.
    Make modules more easy to add to the system.
    If i want to add the module rssfeed or silverlight videoplayer (in this verion), i have to change the language file and also put
    the new module in there.
    If i don't do that, the new module is listed in the scrollmenu's with a very long and unusual name:

"MyWebPagesStarterKit.RSSFeed,App_Code.gxjhvl6a, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neural, PublicKey Token=null"

With the scroll menu i am talking about the menu to add a module to a page (it shows: gallery, blogroll, tagcloud, html,
    links etc)
    for this the folder layout need to be changed.
    maybee have a module folder with for each different module a different subfolder. this subfolder contains everything
    needed  for the new module/plu-inn (all the code for the plugin, images and localisation strings).
    this way installing a new plug-in is very easy. you only need to drop the whole package in a subfolder.
    now if i install a new plugin/module etc. i have to drop files in different folders and also edit the language resourcefile (files in
    App_GlobalResources).

4. Gallery:
    - Possiblity to mass-upload files, select multiple files at once in explorer select screen.
    - Possiblity to make thumbnails in silverlight version larger (IMHO now they are to small)
Feb 27, 2009 at 3:24 PM
I'd like to clarify some thoughts on the basis of my observations and use of this Starter Kit with regard to my request for documentation.

• It should be clear what's going on here is the opportunity to build another DotNetNuke in C#. The "right way" this time?
  • As for documentation IMO the most useful type of documentation is two-fold
    1. The type of walk-through documents like how to configure some feature
    2. Developer's documentation that explains the architecture of the code to help other developers understand how the classes and methods function for specific objectives including what files hold the code for specific objectives. 

Personally speakling I get more from the developer's documentation so I can come back to this application after needing to work on something else and rapidly reviewing how something is being done in code so I can get right down to modifying or coding what I need to get done.

I'm not talking about inline comments more of which could be helpful of course but --for example-- I am referring to the need to know how the RSS Web feeds are being generated, what files contain which code for which objective and so on.

In closing I might say it is also my opinion that the failure to document the code for developers is what caused DNN to become obfuscated and convoluted and lest I forget to mention it was written in VB ;-) so I am so grateful we have this project in C#

Feb 28, 2009 at 9:40 PM
Edited Mar 1, 2009 at 12:37 AM
"..- integration of social web platforms such as twitter, facebook... ?"
Great idea!

also..

- allow easy removal of navigation "crumbs".., since some search engines penalize sites for such content navigational duplication (like Google)

- enhance the Theme Generator so that 3-6 HEX colors could be chosen for categorized pallette replacements, ideally allowing the user to assign each skin/css item to her/his own category.  This would allow using one of many online pallette utilities to grab a nice pallette and easily use it in a theme.

- make the Theme Generator part of MPWPSK with an online UI accessible only by ADMIN users

Thanks for all the hard work to date!!
Joe
Mar 6, 2009 at 9:20 AM
Thanks for the great work. This is the CMS I have been looking for a long time - Easy to extend, Easy to understand, Easy to use.

My additional proposals:
  1. Having one Section on multible pages or better droping sections everywhere and multible times on diffrent pages would help a lot and avoid cut and past content.
  2. Putting all the things together the community developed will be good and might be a hard job, so think of pluging in DLLs
  3. Shoud think about a more flexible localizing concept in order to avoid merge conflicts.

Keep on beeing agile ;-)
Mar 7, 2009 at 8:05 PM
Enable HTML section Send to Sidebar
Mar 15, 2009 at 6:39 PM
Hi,

Would like to see an easy way to have a different background in every section or page, rather 1 bg that is in every page of site. I've seen and tried to implement other user's code hacks that dont work or mess something up in the project.

I'm against use of dll's for this app, XML is working out fine. Those who want to work with dll's or want to have complex user roles should use DotNetNuke instead, imho.
Mar 17, 2009 at 12:52 PM
Hello,

I like the style in which the MWPSK code is written.

The feature I would like is for the official version of MWPSK to be made compatible with Mono.

The Small Business Starter Kit works on Mono virtually out-of-the-box but when I tried running MWPSK I found a number of problems with Mono 2.0. My adaptation of MWPSK running on Mono 2.0 may be found at http://mwpsk.martlets.co.uk. The problems I found with Mono are listed there.

I have found just two hosting companies offering Mono and these are listed at http://mono-project.com/FAQ:_ASP.NET.

Peter
Mar 17, 2009 at 7:34 PM
I would support most of the earlier comments (although less sure about Mono ... ).

I would also like to see easier compilation and consequently speeding up of the .NET loading .. keepalive only goes so far !!

Regards Adrian
Mar 21, 2009 at 8:57 PM
Edited Mar 21, 2009 at 9:04 PM
I second the suggestion of getting the table-based layouts throughout the solution over to a more accessibility-friendly system.

Also, integration of existing, well-known and used branches of the project, ensuring the inclusion of work from http://mwpsk.mwpcms.se/.

More tools/shortcuts for developers - Class Documentation, VS project files, Coding/Naming conventions, maybe even some Unit Tests?  This might re-energise the development activity regarding user-built features.  Personally, I use ReSharper/Stylecop, and would love to see re-based code conforming to these tools.

I agree with comments regarding maintaining the simplicity - I'd rather have components for building the features I want, rather than lots of superflous features.

I also agree with LicheHazel's suggestions for improvements.

Other than this, I think this cms is great, and enjoy developing for it.

Many thanks for your continued effort.

Jim.

Coordinator
Mar 24, 2009 at 8:05 PM
Thanks to all of you for your feedback and many many suggestions :-)
Meanwhile we've met and discussed a feature list for the next version of MWPSK and started working on that. I'm going to publish more on that as things materialize.

While there will be some work done on the compatibility side of things (after all IE8 is released now and we want to make sure that everything works just fine), we also heard your wishes regarding a Forum and such :-)
As said: More infos are about to be posted along the way...

Dirk
Mar 26, 2009 at 2:23 AM
Edited Mar 28, 2009 at 12:27 AM

In addition to all of the great ideas submitted so far:

·         Varied screen sizing (1024, 1200, etc)

·         Ability to import current theme into theme generator

·         More themes
       More themes 
       More themes

·         Ability to change downloads display order

·         Ability to attach files to events

Mar 27, 2009 at 8:42 PM
Edited Mar 27, 2009 at 8:47 PM

This is a mass mailing feature. It is a separate page that contains functionality for sending to "All Users, Administrators, PowerUsers, or Users". You can also create a subject and body for the email.

To get to this page:

1.         Download the zip files from the Mass Mailer Feature under the issue tracker tab and place in the Administration folder of the web project.

2.         Log in as an administrator

3.         Go to Administration -> User Management

4.         Click on the link titled "Email Users"

To Use Page:

1.     Select users you'd like to email.

a.  All Users = Users in all roles.

b.  Administrators = Users in only the Administrator role.

c.   PowerUsers = Users in only the PowerUsers role.

d.  Users = Users in neither the Administrators nor PowerUsers role.

2.     Add a subject line to your email.

3.     Add a body to your email.

4.     Click "Send".

Mar 28, 2009 at 12:04 AM
I have so many websites on different versions now, it is getting difficult to keep track of all the files to 'fix' (like IE8 issue) and simply copying the APP_DATA and theme does not work.

1. I suggest a more detailed 'version changes' document ('upgrading_from_older_versions.txt) that actually allows us to go down a list, on an older version site, making all the changes directly in whatever aspx, cs, xaml, js file is involved.

2. The 'Source' option in the editor is deadly - an option to comment it out (which I do manually) would be nice.

3. The list of sections is overwhelming to non-techies; I comment out tagclouds, guest book, and a few others, but this also would be nice as an admin option during site setup.

Fantastic work, fantastic project. 

The anti-poverty non-profits I do free websites for (doing 6 new ones this weekend!) have nothing but praise for how easy it is to maintain their sites once set up :-)

Blessings,
Joe
Apr 9, 2009 at 12:08 PM
Edited Apr 9, 2009 at 12:09 PM
blog's comment and guest book's comments  arent viewed in the pages until admin let them view.
Apr 17, 2009 at 4:16 PM
Role Management:

This is a role management feature where an admin can add/edit roles and users in it.

There are four sections:
• Role.aspx (called ‘Role Management’ in menu)
     o Admin has the ability to add, delete and view roles
      o The top section of page will display the current roles in database
     o To add a new role, type the role name in the textbox and click on Create Role”.
     o To remove a role, select a role from the dropdown list and then click on “Delete Role”.
     o The list at the top of the page will automatically refresh to display the current data.

• Role_users.aspx (Called ‘Change Users by Role’ in menu)
     o Select a role first from drop down list
     o Click on “View Users” then a list of user will be displayed
     o Check the user you want to be enrolled in the current role and uncheck the one you want to be removed
     o Click “Update Users” and the changes will be saved

• usersInRole.aspx (Called ‘Change Roles for a User’ in menu)
     o Select a user from the dropdown list
     o The roles that the user is associated will be displayed in a checkbox list
     o Check the roles you want the current user to be enrolled and uncheck the one you want to be removed.
     o Click on “Save”

• Sitemap file
     o Sitemap file to display the functionality in the menu.

Copy the aspx and aspx.cs files to admin folder and then sitemap folder to app_data folder.

Next time you login as an admin, the menu will update automatically and then the role management feature will be available.

The mass mailer feature will also work seamlessly with this feature.

Codes can be downloaded from :
http://mywebpagesstarterkit.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=22090
Apr 17, 2009 at 6:30 PM

Rickard,

This extension for Multiple Roles would be great Rickard to be included in your version. Also, if you are looking for an additional Contributor, I would love to jump in this with you. I am not a Coder, but a Web Developer, I do use VS 2005 and 2008 and am excellent at debugging and making themes. Let me know what you think, I really like where you are going with things…….

TJ Havens

Sent: Friday, April 17, 2009 9:17 AM
To: xotj123@msn.com
Subject: Re: What would you like to see in the next version? [MyWebPagesStarterKit:46405]

Role Management:

This is a role management feature where an admin can add/edit roles and users in it.

There are four sections:
• Role.aspx (called ‘Role Management’ in menu)
o Admin has the ability to add, delete and view roles
o The top section of page will display the current roles in database
o To add a new role, type the role name in the textbox and click on Create Role”.
o To remove a role, select a role from the dropdown list and then click on “Delete Role”.
o The list at the top of the page will automatically refresh to display the current data.

• Role_users.aspx (Called ‘Change Users by Role’ in menu)
o Select a role first from drop down list
o Click on “View Users” then a list of user will be displayed
o Check the user you want to be enrolled in the current role and uncheck the one you want to be removed
o Click “Update Users” and the changes will be saved

• usersInRole.aspx (Called ‘Change Roles for a User’ in menu)
o Select a user from the dropdown list
o The roles that the user is associated will be displayed in a checkbox list
o Check the roles you want the current user to be enrolled and uncheck the one you want to be removed.
o Click on “Save”

• Sitemap file
o Sitemap file to display the functionality in the menu.

Copy the aspx and aspx.cs files to admin folder and then sitemap folder to app_data folder.

Next time you login as an admin, the menu will update automatically and then the role management feature will be available.

The mass mailer feature will also work seamlessly with this feature.

Codes can be downloaded from :
http://mywebpagesstarterkit.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=22090

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (MyWebPagesStarterKit@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email MyWebPagesStarterKit@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Apr 20, 2009 at 6:29 PM
It's incredible on how nobody thought to a very useful thing that actually is a real nightmare. A better Page navigation control. Once you start using the project for a very big web site, with 100 web page, try to change the position of a web page manually clicking on the item and pushing the arrow up for 100 times.
Obviosly you will do faster editing the sitemap, but what about final user?

So final suggestion will be a right / left html frame always on, with the page structure active. The frame will be in html and not like a listbox like now. Every link will contain and edit link to open the page for changes, and a view symbol to just show the page (unless you don't use my extension to show page in user mode).
Finally, and that's the most important thing, with a bit of AJAX, add drag'n'drop functionality for faster pages repositioning.

I started to work to something like this, but I'm so busy, that probably suggesting my idea will be better that realize the extension in 2050.
Apr 21, 2009 at 9:18 AM
Since the start of MyWebPagesStarterKit i totally loved the idea of having this serilalized xml engine.
It's so easy to create new sections and other stuff and it's makes it really fast during development.

About a new version
To extend this cms into something more advanced, that maby not all users understand, might be a bad idea. The simplicity of this cms, I think it should stay.
Try to keep it this way and instead, start a new project that is an extended version of MyWebPagesStarterKit where all the requests should go in.
A new project could be more what the developers requires. For eg. a better template control and the control over Skins.
And more SEO implementations for those who is interrested, and with integration to the sitemap.

During the day I going to release my new website that has lots of new extensions for this kit. Maby you involved in this project can see what's people want's in this kit
by do it a visit. - Of course I have a long list of what's going to be extended and it's not far from done yet.

Almost anyone's post here is about adding new sections. I think the core engine has be extended by some new features first, and then let sections in.
I understand there's a long list of considerations and that the way it should be done.

Sections,Sections,Sections

The biggest problem in this kit is the control of sections. There's lot of stuff that can be better alround the Section.
And there's the urlrewrites of several sections that need to be implemented to be really useful.

Maybe you can setup a list of possible changes and let users vote for it. 

By the way this is a really good start for developers to learn and understand the basics of C# and .NET. I think you did a really nice job that created the MyWebPagesStarterKit.

// Your fan always.

Apr 30, 2009 at 1:39 AM
Edited Apr 30, 2009 at 1:40 AM
We added the feature to allow the user to move different pages in the sidebar up or down based on a selected page’s location.  This will allow users to move pages much more quickly.

Navigation.aspx

Here you can select a page (ie homepage) you wish to move.  Then you using the drop down choose the page you wish to move the selected page (homepage) above/below.  Then press the arrow button in the direction you wish to move the selected page (homepage).

See http://mywebpagesstarterkit.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=22230 for code. 
Oct 19, 2009 at 12:27 AM

A social media control would be great - even if it's a simple 'click here to share on Facebook' type of thing. These are available for BlogEngine & DNN, so why not for MWPSK?

Role management would be great, too. We're currently discussing whether to use DNN or MWPSK for a new site. I like the lighter architecture of MWSPK, but may wind up using a more robust system if we need to assign specific users to specific pages & functions. We're currently debating how much access we want to give to other users.

Nov 12, 2009 at 4:11 PM

I have another simple request. Events module |> to iCAL download?

It should be simple enough and would be a handy feature

Nov 13, 2009 at 11:57 AM

Love the starter kit. the biggest thing I see is role management. I know there is an add on for it, but couldn't you take that in make it part of the overall project. this way we know it works with each and ever release.

Nov 14, 2009 at 11:53 AM

I need useful tools such as google translator, page rank checker, alexa rank checker.

It's good if we can change or set the pagesize of download list, gallery, blog and ....

Nov 20, 2009 at 3:27 PM
dirkp wrote:

This is where we would love to hear your opinion!

Dirk --

Here are some thoughts on the matter, each summary followed by a link to full details.

need a way to set EasyControl properties declaratively

http://mwpskcontrib.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=75283

database-driven option for setup

http://mwpskcontrib.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=74564

Suggestion to use only named colors

http://mwpskcontrib.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=71528

More elastic themes please

http://mwpskcontrib.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=71505

need to be able to integrate with Dynamic Data

http://mwpskcontrib.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=75730

HTH.

Thank you.

-- Mark Kamoski

Nov 27, 2009 at 8:19 PM

Hi, here is my wish list

1. Use of jQuery, i.e. remove the PopCalendar and use jQuery date picker instead. Add the jQuery flash support library etc.
  2. Multiple web part zones
  3. Add a language picker control so that the user is able to pick his own language
  4. Enable localization of the sitemap (remove the redundant hardcoded stuff in 'UpdateAdministrationTitles'
  5. In Users.aspc.cs there is missing a 'return' in line 175 (in the catch block)
  6. A label showing the logged in user name
  7. A danish ressource file (I got one) + a danish js file in the FCK editor's language lib
  8. A google map easy control

I have implemented the above listed issues if you like to see how it can be done.

/Niels Olsen

Apr 2, 2011 at 5:55 PM
Edited Apr 2, 2011 at 5:58 PM

Hi.

I'm using regularly MWPSK for my clients and it suits their needs quite well.
In the next version I'd like to see:

1. A silverlight slideshow only module gallery
  2. A lightbox gallery instead of the actual html gallery
  3. The sidebar becoming a "widget" content manager (with the possibility of adding modules as in the content container: in this way it is possible to add an html module with silverlight videos, youtube embed, newsfeeds from others sites and so on or creating our own html module quickly)
  4. Possibility to upload multiple photos with silverlight drag and drop as seen in Windows Live Skydrive upload modules
  5. Friendly Adapter CSS forms and menus (it is better for the upcoming CSS3 and browser compatibility instead of the classic asp.net menu which is a non standard module).
  6. Native multi language site localization
  7. A slightly updated version of theme creator (I'd like simply to see the n.5 point included and the possibility to choose an image background for every part of the SK like footer, content, etc
  8. A catalog module (the possibility to have a list of products with photos, data and keywords to suit the needs of local small businesses)

Thanks for the work done so far. It's a nice and simple CMS.