aspx --> ascx DropDown not working

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Dec 27, 2008 at 11:44 AM

Thanks for your help,

I'm evaluating MWPSK (1.2.2). In general I like it. To benefit from the Themes/Skin business I converted an .aspx (Chart) file to .ascx . When calling this .ascx file from the EasyControl folder I cannot use the DropDown to, e.g., change the chart from marker to line. It works ok when calling the original .aspx file (except, of course, without the appropriate/wished Theme/skin).

More details: the .ascx file called from the EasyControl folder works fine i.e it recognises the selected="True" parameter (in this case the "line" option see code below) . E.g. having Selected="True" on the 'Marker'  <asp:ListItem .... works ok as well.

<asp:DropDownList id="RadarStyleList" runat="server" AutoPostBack="True" Width="100px" CssClass="spaceright">
          <asp:ListItem Value="Marker" >Marker</asp:ListItem>
          <asp:ListItem Value="Line" Selected="True">Line</asp:ListItem>
         </asp:DropDownList>

However, when selecting "Marker" in the DropDown list, it calls the code again but nothing happens i.e  "RadarStyleList.SelectedItem.Text;" still contains "Line"

// Set radar chart style
        Chart1.Series["Series1"]["RadarDrawingStyle"] = RadarStyleList.SelectedItem.Text;
        Chart1.Series["Series2"]["RadarDrawingStyle"] = RadarStyleList.SelectedItem.Text;

Are there any special consideration to take care of when using MWPSK?
I'm pretty sure I miss something simple but can't figure it out OR, are there any special considerations amongst MWPSK!

Thanks for your help and hints
ed