performance - first page

Dec 4, 2008 at 5:38 AM
Hi

I uploaded it to my host - (tried with a compiled version and the raw) but no matter what - the first page takes forever to load...once loaded the other pages in the site just fly....

anything that I can optimize that could improve the first page performance?
Dec 4, 2008 at 5:53 AM
What's the URL so we can take a look, it might fly for us and be something at your end only.
Dec 9, 2008 at 7:08 PM
Edited Dec 9, 2008 at 7:13 PM
This is not an issue of MWPSK. You just visited the bad side of using ASP.NET.
ASP.NET shut's down a website if there no requests in a while. If your webhost has a slow server, the new visitors request could take up to one minit to start(compile). To prevent this you have to tell your webhost to change the default value of the applicationpools recyling. I guess they won't. Another way is to host the cms yourself and set the recycle time that you like. A website that has many visitors, never shuts down.

You can download a small tweak that can help. Search for dotnetnuke keepalive and you will find a small app that can call your website each minit, to prevent it to shut down. Since DotNetNuke is a very slow cms, I'll guess they need an app like that. 

Hope I explained it well.
Dec 10, 2008 at 5:06 AM
Hi guys

thx for your replys... ;0)

tailwag - it's all the sites that I've made with MWPSK.

Rickard - off course ..it makes sense. I'll contact the host, to hear the settings ...thanks...:0)