Add googe ads in FlapBlue

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Nov 28, 2008 at 6:58 PM
Is there an easy way to add a space for Google ads in the FlapBlue theme, on the left or right side if possible. Thank you for your help.
Dec 3, 2008 at 5:28 PM
Edited Dec 4, 2008 at 4:45 PM
I have the same question, the only difference being that I am using a custom theme.  My web site makes a half-ass attempt to setup Google Ads.  Although I'm working on a solution, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dec 4, 2008 at 1:34 AM
Edited Dec 4, 2008 at 2:17 AM
I ended up putting the ads horizontal.

http://seniorgeekpc.com

Dec 4, 2008 at 4:43 PM
It turns out that there is no need for me to code a solution as it has already been done by someone else.  I downloaded My Web Pages kit, version 7, at www.burstmode.de and it works well.  Another nice feature is that each page can have a different theme.  The software at the aforementioned URL is an extended version of the My Web Pages kit.  What is amazing is that there are people out there that write the code for the benefit of others.
Dec 4, 2008 at 9:01 PM
I downloaded this kit also but could not get it to change themes.

Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2008 10:43 AM
To: [email removed]
Subject: Re: Add googe ads in FlapBlue [MyWebPagesStarterKit:41049]

It turns out that there is no need for me to code a solution as it has already been done by someone else. I downloaded My Web Pages kit, version 7, at www.burstmode.de and it works well. Another nice feature is that each page can have a different theme. The software at the aforementioned URL is an extended version of the My Web Pages kit. What is amazing is that there are people out there that write the code for the benefit of others.
Dec 5, 2008 at 7:24 AM
Initially I had the same problem until I realized that the theme is set on a page-by-page basis. Unless you tell it to change a theme for a given page, it will use the default. While a great deal of effort goes into developing the code, the documentation is not that good.
Dec 6, 2008 at 9:52 PM
So please enlighten me and help me change a theme, I still cannot figure this out. Thanks in advance for your help. I would like to change to one theme for my entire site.

Sent: Friday, December 05, 2008 1:24 AM

Initially I had the same problem until I realized that the theme is set on a page-by-page basis. Unless you tell it to change a theme for a given page, it will use the default. While a great deal of effort goes into developing the code, the documentation is not that good.
Dec 6, 2008 at 10:04 PM
I finally where this is done.

Sent: Saturday, December 06, 2008 3:52 PM

So please enlighten me and help me change a theme, I still cannot figure this out. Thanks in advance for your help. I would like to change to one theme for my entire site.

Initially I had the same problem until I realized that the theme is set on a page-by-page basis. Unless you tell it to change a theme for a given page, it will use the default. While a great deal of effort goes into developing the code, the documentation is not that good.
Dec 6, 2008 at 10:26 PM
There are several ways to help you, one is we can chat via Google Talk, you can call me, or I can call you, or hopefully my instructions that follow will help.
I'm using MWPSKex Release #007 which is what www.CiaoVista.com uses. Login in as the administrator. Go to "Administration>Pages and Navigation". In the list of pages, click one of them. At this point you should notice that at the bottom of the brower window, there is a list of themes. Click the theme you want, and then click Save.
For example, my website consists of two pages, the home page and the contact page. If I wanted to change the theme just for the contact page to make it different that the home page, I would login in as the administrator, go to "Administration>Pages and Navigation", then click Contact. At that point the bottom of the browser contains a list of themes. I would then click some other theme, then click Save. To see the change take effect, i would logout and then go to the Contact page which would have a theme different than the home page. The kids that wrote this stuff are very smart. I wouldn't mind having them work for me.
On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 4:52 PM, jerrysdean43 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (MyWebPagesStarterKit@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email MyWebPagesStarterKit@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Dec 6, 2008 at 11:07 PM
Thanks for your help, I finally got it working ok, now I am going tot ry to update my existing site with this version.

Sent: Saturday, December 06, 2008 4:26 PM

There are several ways to help you, one is we can chat via Google Talk, you can call me, or I can call you, or hopefully my instructions that follow will help.
I'm using MWPSKex Release #007 which is what www.CiaoVista.com uses. Login in as the administrator. Go to "Administration>Pages and Navigation". In the list of pages, click one of them. At this point you should notice that at the bottom of the brower window, there is a list of themes. Click the theme you want, and then click Save.
For example, my website consists of two pages, the home page and the contact page. If I wanted to change the theme just for the contact page to make it different that the home page, I would login in as the administrator, go to "Administration>Pages and Navigation", then click Contact. At that point the bottom of the browser contains a list of themes. I would then click some other theme, then click Save. To see the change take effect, i would logout and then go to the Contact page which would have a theme different than the home page. The kids that wrote this stuff are very smart. I wouldn't mind having them work for me.
On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 4:52 PM, jerrysdean43 <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (MyWebPagesStarterKit@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email MyWebPagesStarterKit@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Dec 26, 2008 at 12:49 PM
Hello!

Just to mention it: as of today MWPSKex.#008 is available. It includes all the extensions of earlier versions + the codebase has been updated accordingly to MWPSK V1.2.2. Since there´s also a security fix that comes with V1.2.2 I would recommend all MWPSKex users to update. (Update is easy: just copy the affected files from the archive over the old ones. You might want to have a look at MWPSKex blog at www.burstmode.de for the details.)

Merry Xmas and a wonderful new year to all of you!
Mark