This project is read-only.

Error

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Oct 6, 2012 at 8:42 AM
Edited Oct 6, 2012 at 8:59 AM

I have a user that uses the MSWPSK - it have been running flawless - but now it gives an error no matter what... I don't know what he has done.

No error are shown just the standard: 

<!-- Web.Config-konfigurationsfil -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>

And I have turned on; "the custom errors off" - but still - what the error is -  are not shown  - how can I proceed to "restore" the site?  

Can I see what he has done by looking in the files? 

Oct 6, 2012 at 9:43 AM

You can debug the site remotely through Visual Studio but this is best done from the sites local machine.

From the file menu you can select Open Web Site then select from Local IIS, from memory I think you need to start VS with admin privileges. 

You could even open the site from the local web server in a browser and that may yield more detail!

To see what has been done to the files would be tricky unless you have a backup to compare with. You have no idea at this point what the problem is so where do you start looking?

Since the server is not displaying an error at all then the Web.config is probably not being loaded either.

There could be many reasons for this but your best guess to any answer is as above, Debug via Visual Studio on the remote server!

My guess is the server has had an upgrade to the .net runtime and the site wont boot. In this case the problem may not even be with the sites files. but with the server itself.