Security Exception

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Oct 8, 2008 at 7:56 PM
Hello,

I have installed two active sites both based on MWPSK. With the same provider. At the one site I can change
(as expected) as admin all my pages and add modules like HTML to the pages and edit , etc..... With
the other site I can also log in as admin and add pages , but i cannot (as not expected) add modules for example.
When I do the latter I get the warning:
Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy. 
To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file. 

caused from a piece of source code in: d:\virtualhosts\xxxxx.com\wwwroot\App_Code\Persistable.cs    
Directory.CreateDirectory(Path.GetDirectoryName(_path));

that what I guess is wnating to add a folder and file to the App_Data folder.

Question:  How happens this with one site and not the other while I both log in as adminstrator (assuming the same rights) under the same provider ?

Any help is welcomed,

Peter
Oct 8, 2008 at 8:09 PM

Hey Peter,
                 I had this happen before. I had to put in ticket with my Hosting Company to set the proper security permissions set. Why one works and not the other they have to set up the domain / application space separately, so one is just not right. Have them look at the one that works as a reference.

THEFAV

Oct 11, 2008 at 6:50 AM
Indeed after my provider made a change everything works as expected.  Thanks for the advice.

PeterNL