Login?

Topics: User Forum
Jan 13, 2007 at 6:55 AM
Hello,
I extracted the MyWebPage 1.1.1 to my webserver and changed to .NET 2. (did not upload with ftp).

I also gave "Network Services" full rights on the folder "App_Data".

The default page starts and I can click on search and login.

With Username: admin
and Password: admin

I only get "Your login attempt was not successful. Please try again. User Name is required."

Any idea what I did wrong?

Thanks
CF
Coordinator
Jan 16, 2007 at 3:56 PM
Hi,

You probably don’t do anything wrong. This sounds a bit strange. What you can try is to delete all files in the \App_Data folder in order to have MWPSK initialize the whole content (site) again.

Urs
Sep 26, 2007 at 12:53 AM
Edited Sep 26, 2007 at 12:54 AM
Go1860, did you find the anwer for this problem? I have almost same in version 1.1.4.

Thanks in advance.
AJ
Sep 28, 2007 at 12:27 AM
Edited Sep 28, 2007 at 12:18 PM
How did you give network services full rights on appdata folder? I am have a problem with access denial on appdata folder and need to change the rights.

Thanks in advance,
dpr00

go1860 wrote:
Hello,
I extracted the MyWebPage 1.1.1 to my webserver and changed to .NET 2. (did not upload with ftp).

I also gave "Network Services" full rights on the folder "App_Data".

The default page starts and I can click on search and login.

With Username: admin
and Password: admin

I only get "Your login attempt was not successful. Please try again. User Name is required."

Any idea what I did wrong?

Thanks
CF

Sep 28, 2007 at 8:07 PM
Hi there. Thanks for the reply.
I figured something out and it works now!

I will explain step by step what I did. The problem with me was the App_data directory. I tried many things like security etc. but no result.
When I deleted the App_data directory from the list in my Visual Studio 2005 with right-click and added again via 'Add ASP NET folder via the right-click menu in the same window of the listed files in your folder.
Then I executed the 'Build Webpage' in the menu: Build.
Then I started via CTRL+F5. You will see the webpage.

To set up this application for the 1st time I will write again step by step how you should do it.
- Go to Visual Studio and choose: New ASP.NET website
- Your new project opens and creates an App_data folder, Default.aspx and Web.config.
- Copy now via your Windows Explorer all the files to the new created folder what you choosed in Visual Studio as location. But DO NOT copy the App_data folder!
- Go back to Visual Studio. Choose Build website and start with CTRL+F5.

This should work.

The only question what I still have is, when I empty the App_data folder and I start the website again, I have again the same error message as in my 1st message.

I use IIS 5.1 under Windows XP SP2. The network services you cannot find under IIS5.1 because it's the ASPNET user under IIS5.1. In IIS6 they call it the Network Services, in IIS7 too.
But I did actually nothing with security. I still have to upload the project to my new website, I will test this weekend if it works there too on Windows Server 2003.(IIS6.0)