My Web Pages Starter Kit

Topics: Developer Forum, Localization Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Aug 9, 2008 at 4:55 PM
Edited Aug 13, 2008 at 2:20 AM

Great product.  I got it to run locally.  Tried to web-host the application but got the following compliation error message.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Could not find a part of the path 'App_Data\Pages\.config'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path '\App_Data\Pages\.config'.

Source Error:

Line 52:                     //if nothing was found in the cache, the data must be loaded from the disk
Line 53: //load and deserialize the data from the filesystem
Line 54: using (FileStream reader = File.Open(_path, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read, FileShare.ReadWrite))
Line 55: {
Line 56: XmlSerializer serializer = new XmlSerializer(typeof(T));

Source File: \App_Code\Persistable.cs    Line: 54

Stack Trace:

[DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'd:\hshome\navigatortimes\mahavirinternationalchennai.com\App_Data\Pages\.config'.]
System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) +492
System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy) +1038
System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) +114
System.IO.File.Open(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) +36
MyWebPagesStarterKit.Persistable`1.LoadData() in d:\hshome\navigatortimes\mahavirinternationalchennai.com\App_Code\Persistable.cs:54
MyWebPagesStarterKit.WebPage..ctor(String id) in d:\hshome\navigatortimes\mahavirinternationalchennai.com\App_Code\WebPage.cs:31
_Default.Page_Init(Object sender, EventArgs e) in d:\hshome\navigatortimes\mahavirinternationalchennai.com\Default.aspx.cs:79
System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +15
System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +33
System.Web.UI.Control.OnInit(EventArgs e) +99
System.Web.UI.Page.OnInit(EventArgs e) +9
System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +321
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +834

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433

Any ideas on a fix?  Thank you in advance.
Aug 9, 2008 at 9:23 PM
Is WebPage.cs in your appcode directory? Is the Blogroll.cs file able to see it (i.e. can the Blogroll class see WebPage's class namespace)?
Aug 10, 2008 at 2:51 AM
Edited Aug 10, 2008 at 3:08 AM
ya its there . when I refresh the page i got another error
Aug 10, 2008 at 8:18 AM
Alright cool. Do you have a web.config file in place?
Aug 10, 2008 at 4:23 PM
Edited Aug 11, 2008 at 6:46 PM
Jesus always bless me.  its working I delete medium trust in web.config