Banners (Top and Sides)

Aug 8, 2008 at 4:20 PM
I have a few affiliate's and was wanting to know if there is a way to put Affiliate Links down the sides and along the top. This would have to be able to be done like the updating of the site as I am complete novis when it comes to Websites

Cheers
Aug 9, 2008 at 11:23 AM
Hi!

You can use the default HTML section to place affiliate html inside the main content area of your pages. Just switch to "source code" when inside FCKEditor and copy & paste the html snippet you got from your sponsor. However: Take care you´re not using HTML snippets that work with an HTML form.

To place it in the sidebar you will have to use an extended version of MWPSK. Look at this post: http://www.codeplex.com/MyWebPagesStarterKit/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=13162
The sidebar HTML extension will allow you to place custom HTML next to the side of your main content.

If you don´t want to code the extensions yourself you can also have a look at www.burstmode.de. There you´ll find a customized version of MWPSK which also contains a modified version of the sidebar html extension (amongst some others.)

Hope that helps!
Aug 9, 2008 at 2:08 PM
Thanks for the reply on the MWPSK website.

I am putting affiliate links down the side and along the top above the LOGIN and SEARCH buttons.

cheers