FCKEditor Imagemap Plugin?

Topics: Developer Forum
Jul 14, 2008 at 1:09 PM
Hi!

I was about to install the imagemap plugin for FCKEditor. See http://martinezdelizarrondo.com/imagemaps/

After installing it to the plugins directory and after doing the modifications to the .js files as described in the readme I first got a script error. I was able to find out that there´s a problem when the plugin tries to load the language module needed. I fixed that error and now the popup loads without a script error.

However the image that should be displayed to add an imagemap doesn´t appear. I played around and found out that this plugin seems to have a problem with the image urls that include the imagehandler.ashx parts. (it works fine if I use a normal image url.)

So question to anybody who might have been involved with it or who knows about it: when FCKEditor has been introduced to MWPSK has anybody made modifications to the way it handles image urls? As you all know the FCKEditor that comes with MWPSK works fine with the imagehandler.ashx urls. It´s only the plugin that doesn´t like those.

Would be fine to get some hints ...

Cheers!
Mark
Jul 21, 2008 at 5:54 AM
Ok, I found some time to play around with that issue. By now I was able to upgrade FCKEditor from version 2.3.1 (which currently ships with MWPSK V1.2.1) to it´s current stable/official version 2.6.2. This is the first step in getting the image maps to work since there has been a bug in FCKEditor when it came to handling image maps. (This bug was fixed with version 2.5 of FCKEditor.)

So after looking at some of fthe details of how FCKEditor integrates with MWPSK I was able to write kind of a tutorial of how to upgrade. You can visit www.burstmode.de if you would like to read about it. I set up a MWPSK blog there and in one of the next posts I´ll take care of the image map plugin which has been the reason to open up this thread.

Have fun
Mark
Jul 22, 2008 at 9:12 PM
imgmap Online Image Map Editor by Adam Maschek can now be used with MWPSK. Detailed description of how to install it and complete download available at www.burstmode.de
Attention: You "should" update FCKEditor beforehand to a newer version. You will find a description of how to do this there as well. Anyway: it is included in the download too.